Four Roses Barrel Strength

silverfish
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

speaking of which, i've seen the mariage, i've seen a couple single barrel barrel strength bottles... anyone actually got a bead on the frsble2009?

Came out last Spring... very good stuff.

I wonder if this stuff will make it to Chicagoland at some point. By the way, how much does it cost?

It has made it to the shelves at a Binny's in the Northwest Burbs. They had 3 of the 7 varieties Brett picked, with distilled and barrelled dates in 2000. I'm sure all 7 are at the South Loop store. I have my sights on the OBSO but the bourbon budget has already been busted, at least for this week. Priced at $54.99.

The #3s of the regular single barrels that Brett picked last year were phenomenal so I can't wait.

i bet! i guess i'm more wondering if anyone's seen it recently in, you know, a store or something. though i guess that would probably be in the "what did you pass" thread.

It came and went pretty quickly... haven't seen it anywhere (other than my back bar) since a month or so after it showed up.

For anybody who can't tell their OBSO from their OBSQ, there's a cool, interactive chart on the Four Roses web site. Look for the "10 Recipes" tab.

Also, Jim was a guest blogger on maltadvocate. Just type in four roses on the search function in What does John know? Very nice blog entry.

Just a thought but could somebody that knows all the combinations come up with a chart that tells what is what?

Joe :usflag:

Just a thought but could somebody that knows all the combinations come up with a chart that tells what is what?

Joe :usflag:

The 4 roses web-site and blog lay it all out. Check'em out. Very interesting stuff.

It came and went pretty quickly... haven't seen it anywhere (other than my back bar) since a month or so after it showed up.

fair enough. on snoozing and losing, i suppose.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if any stores in CA picked a barrel? Friend is coming back to NYC and wants to know what to get

Does anyone know if any stores in CA picked a barrel? Friend is coming back to NYC and wants to know what to get

Ledgers in Berkeley still has some of the Four Roses that we collaborated with them on.

I look forward to Ledgers selling this one down because we may do another one together on its heels.

Roger

• 1 month later...

What are people's feelings on these single barrel, barrel strength offerings compared to the 2009 Mariage? Granted, I know these single barrel bottles can vary more than an average single barrel because of which recipe was used, but I'm torn on trying one of these or picking up a 2009 Mariage for $10 more.

What are people's feelings on these single barrel, barrel strength offerings compared to the 2009 Mariage? Granted, I know these single barrel bottles can vary more than an average single barrel because of which recipe was used, but I'm torn on trying one of these or picking up a 2009 Mariage for $10 more.

I'll put it this way:

All the barrel proof 4Rs I've had have been very very good.

The Mariage is the most incredible whiskey I've ever had.

I'll put it this way:

Wow that is a bold statement. I picked up some OFS based on your recommendation and loved it, maybe I'll do the same with the Mariage. Anyone other opinions?

Wow that is a bold statement. I picked up some OFS based on your recommendation and loved it, maybe I'll do the same with the Mariage. Anyone other opinions?

I've been having the same ongoing debate in my mind as well. I have developed quite a love affair with a couple of OESO singles....one came into my possession via a fellow sb.comer who had secured a few from Binny's and was most generous & kind to part with one for me. The other is from a private bottling here in TN. They are very, very similar although being about 9 months apart in age. I give the Binny's bottle a slight edge at this point. Anyhow, easy to start off on a rambling tangent with 4R......back to the question at hand: all that is stopping me from an 09 Mariage is a severely crunched wallet at present. FWIW, here in TN the pvt (barrel-proof) 4RSB is about $20-23 less than a bottle of Mariage in either 08 or 09 versions. A regular-run SB is about $30-35 less. If the price difference were only $10, I would've grabbed one weeks ago in favor of the second SB I acquired.

TPS is shipping their FRBS:

"We are currently shipping spirits only to the following

states: CA, CO, CT, HI, ID, NE, NH, NY, NC, ND, MN,

MO, OR, SC, VA, WA, DC, WV, WI and WY."

:bigeyes::bigeyes:

TPS is shipping their FRBS:

"We are currently shipping spirits only to the following

states: CA, CO, CT, HI, ID, NE, NH, NY, NC, ND, MN,

MO, OR, SC, VA, WA, DC, WV, WI and WY."

I'll put it this way:

I'd agree that the 2009 FR Mariage is incredible...I don't know if it's the best I've ever had but it's definitely a MUST have IMO! I have one bottle and I'll be picking up another for sure! :cool:

I'd agree that the 2009 FR Mariage is incredible...I don't know if it's the best I've ever had but it's definitely a MUST have IMO! I have one bottle and I'll be picking up another for sure! :cool:

I've been saving up some money for a nice bottle so I think I'll pick up a 2009 Mariage this weekend and hold off on the barrel strength FRSB for later.

Try it and I bet you'll want to bunker some.

I tried to tell the wife we need to buy an extra one to bunker since we got married in 2009 and it'd be nice to save for a far off anniversary. I thought it was worth a shot, but it (not surprisingly) didn't work...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.