Dead guy whisky

nor02lei
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I did have a Rogue Dead guy Whiskey

at Stockholm beer and whisky festival yesterday witch due to the label was aged only 1 month. Not that bad at all I most say, a bit sticky nose but very sweet and mellow taste.

Leif

• 7 months later...

I just acquired a bottle yesterday, and I thought it was pretty good. Very smooth, a bit sweet. Could have used some more barrel aging. If they lowered the price some ( I paid $40) I think it would well worth it.

I just acquired a bottle yesterday, and I thought it was pretty good. Very smooth, a bit sweet. Could have used some more barrel aging. If they lowered the price some ( I paid $40) I think it would well worth it.

That's the problem for me too. I'd like to try some but I haven't heard enough about the juice to justify dropping $40 on a bottle.

Well, if I want to drink Tequila it is an option. If I want Whiskey, I'll pass on the Dead Guy.

I have a bottle at home. I bought it on a whim. Kind of wish I didn't, though. It is okay, but there is something rather unpleasant about it. I can't really figure it out. Maybe it is a lack of oak as mentioned previously.

I have a bottle at home. I bought it on a whim. Kind of wish I didn't, though. It is okay, but there is something rather unpleasant about it. I can't really figure it out. Maybe it is a lack of oak as mentioned previously.

The unpleasantness you mention, lack of oak, comes across like a Tequila to me. It is aged about as long as a Reposado Tequila.

The unpleasantness you mention, lack of oak, comes across like a Tequila to me. It is aged about as long as a Reposado Tequila.

I really like Tequila though, especially blancos. There is some sort of floral or fruity type note that is just too excessive, but I think that is only because there really isn't anything else to the whiskey. Does anyone know what is actually distilled? (As in, is it just the grain, or is it the whole recipe, hops and all?)

I really like Tequila though, especially blancos. There is some sort of floral or fruity type note that is just too excessive, but I think that is only because there really isn't anything else to the whiskey. Does anyone know what is actually distilled? (As in, is it just the grain, or is it the whole recipe, hops and all?)

I like Reposados. The Cabo Wabo Reposado being one of my faves.

• 4 months later...

• 1 month later...
I reviewed it shortly after it first came out. Not a fan. Gave it a 69. Maybe it has improved since?

I enjoyed it but found it very buttery sweet when I tried it at the Rouge Ale House in Portland OR. Very different, but I agree it's pricey.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.