yea!!! stagg is out

billthewoodguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I will be going to town on Fri. and as my memory becomes more and more feeble, I make a list of things to do while Im there.

well on that list was to stop by at the liquor store and reserve some stagg, but my buddy Doug called yesterday and told me it was already out!

this is a very pleasant surprise, instead of reserving I'll just bring some home!

looks like a goood weekend.

Bill

Hmmm... I just checked with my local store that carries Stagg and they said it'd be another 2 to 3 weeks before it appears here (north NJ).

Hmmm... I just checked with my local store that carries Stagg and they said it'd be another 2 to 3 weeks before it appears here (north NJ).

Do these typically go quick or stay on the shelves a while? We have had them for a week or two. Very intrigued. Don't know much about them expect that they are high proof and unfiltered, and seem to get good reviews. Every time we get any Van Winkle in it's gone in no time.

Do these typically go quick or stay on the shelves a while? We have had them for a week or two. Very intrigued. Don't know much about them expect that they are high proof and unfiltered, and seem to get good reviews. Every time we get any Van Winkle in it's gone in no time.

I guess it depends. the tiny amount that all of Kansas gets is typically unobtainable within one week of the antique collection releasing here.

most of the time it goes very quick, often times it never even hits the shelves.

but I have seen almost the entire btac on the shelf six months after the release!

this years is good, but I still think 07 was the best. maybe because it was my first year exposed to stagg.

Bill

Picked up a bottle yesterday, and have seen a couple more around here.

Going to give it a taste or two tonight.

I think it's excellent this year. This, and the Weller are my two favorites of the collection. (Both, as I recall, aged a little longer this year.)

Whoo Hoo! The BTAC finally hit So. California. Went for the Stagg and Weller. Cheaper to have sent than to drive over to Orange County so will be waiting expectantly as I have never had the pleasure of either.:cool:

There's a few bottles of Stagg left at McScrooges in Knoxville,Tn for $80. I passed. All of their other BTAC were taken.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.