Limited Releases From The Trace

bourbonmed
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

All,

Just had a nice chat with Ken Weber at Buffalo Trace Distillery. He was really happy to hear all the excitement surrounding the Stagg release. For the record, The Trace released just 2,253 bottles of Stagg, shipped in 751 3-bottle packages.

But here's some great news grin.gif: there are 1,500 experimental barrels sitting at The Trace's warehouses right now. Soon, they'll start picking these barrels (in some cases just 2 or 3 at a time) for super limited 'Stagg-like' releases.

Ken says we should expect the unexpected, not just in proof and age, but also in flavor profiles. After their Antique Collection and Stagg, I can't wait.

Cheers to Buffalo Trace!

Omar

How exciting! Thanks for the info Omar. Did he give you any idea of when we might be treated to more of these treasures?

After this years bourbon festival I was getting a little depressed about the way it seems that a lot of the best bourbons are going to only export/duty free markets... Here's to Buffalo Trace for selling some of the best stuff to the Bourbon enthusiasts in the US!

-Chris

Ok more newbie questions ,, whats Bleeeeeeeee ?

Bill

Who can just see the eye rolls and hear the snickers ..... confused.gif

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
laugh.gif Ha Ha Bill! BLeeeE! is a Bourbonian word that roughly translates to 'Bourbonic Glee'. It is also utilized as denoting enthusiastic agreement between Bourbonians. Other than that it is just a small bit of nonsense that I made up last year sometime. When I drink a lot strange words (such as BLeeeE!) just come out. grin.gif

It may be weird, but we love it (mostly cause Linn & I just won't let it die. . . . .)

BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

TomC

Chris,

I'll second that! Here's to Buffalo Trace!! Hopefully, others will pick up on their trend and give us other goodies to try. I'll also add a Bleeeeeeeeeeee!

Bob

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.