(Good) News for Kansas:

ErichPryde
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I spoke to one of the head reps for Glazier distribution here in Wichita, and it looks like Four Roses will be available here in Kansas within the next month or so! Don't know how many of you Kansans are fond of the stuff, but I am.

At the very least the yellow label, small batch, and single barrels will be available here. Possibly this year's mariage, but I don't know that for sure and was conjecture on someone else's part. We'll have to see!

That's great news. I would suggest buying a yellow label and a single barrel and forget the Mariage. It's nice, slightly more interesting than SB, but IMO drastically overpriced at $70. No way is that bottle worth $10 more than WLW or Stagg. not. even. close. Again, JMO.

That's great news. I would suggest buying a yellow label and a single barrel and forget the Mariage. It's nice, slightly more interesting than SB, but IMO drastically overpriced at $70. No way is that bottle worth $10 more than WLW or Stagg. not. even. close. Again, JMO.

I couldn't disagree more. I would say it's better than any BTAC from any year that I've ever had. Sell your house and buy every remaining case of Mariage.:lol:

I couldn't disagree more. I would say it's better than any BTAC from any year that I've ever had. Sell your house and buy every remaining case of Mariage.:lol:

I really liked Mariage 2008.

I'm really glad I have a bottle and think it has one of the best noses I've ever had the opportunity to eskimo kiss. :grin:

...and here I don't know if you're being sarcastic or serious, haven't had the honor of figuring it out quite yet (although you seem like a very sarcastic guy in general, which is an awesome thing), BUT: I really liked Mariage 2008. Was it an 80+ bottle of whiskey? hmmm. that's kind of a relative thing. I'm really glad I have a bottle and think it has one of the best noses I've ever had the opportunity to eskimo kiss. :grin:

If I were to profile you (which I will do, because I have been drinking ERSB for a while now) I would say you're a high rye and rye guy, which might explain why you didn't go for the van winkle line.

Lot B took a long time to grow on me. I didn't think it was worth the price point at first, and still hesitate to pay the 40 most places want. There are a lot of cheaper, better whiskies (in my opinion- this is not a statement of fact!)

However... the PVW15 is worth it. have you tried it? I absolutely love that stuff. it is so incredibly full of flavor.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.