Repeal Day Party

barturtle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This year The Bourbon Society is putting on its Second Annual Repeal Day Party. We've managed to secure several industry people to both speak and provide samples of their products. It's a semi-formal affair that I think anyone nearby and into whiskey should enjoy. If you're in Louisville or nearby, I hope to see you there.

Repeal%20Day%20Party%20copy.jpg

It's worth the price of admission just to get inside the fabled Pendennis Club. When Louisville was full of whiskey barons, that was their hang out.

Any idea as to what will be on the menu?:skep: (food and drink?)

I asked the person in charge, here is his response:

We are looking to have something for everyone. Such as:

Blue Cheese Mascarpone Quiche, Beef Tenderloin Sandwiches, Buffalo Meatballs, Shrimp Cocktail, Misc Cheeses, Chicken Tenders, Stuffed Mushrooms, Asparagus Roulade, among other buffet items to be served.

In addition to several distillers offering tasting samples, there will be a cash bar.

I have already bought reservations for Lynn and I.

We are looking foward to this.

I can't wait to see the Pendennis Club.

Would love to have a tour of the place.

• 3 weeks later...

Oscar,

It was great seeing you at the party and with John and Linda afterwards. Great party and we are doing it again next year so put it on the calendar.

Mike Veach

Oscar,

It was great seeing you at the party and with John and Linda afterwards. Great party and we are doing it again next year so put it on the calendar.

Mike Veach

Mike, is it always going to be on the 5th regardless of the day of the week?

For all you people that didn't make it let me say that the good people of The Bourbon Society know how to throw a party.

Great job Mike, Shay and Randy, also Timothy.

Here's their link http://www.thebourbonsociety.net

Lynn and I snuck out and snooped around the Pendennis Club, you can feel the history, cool Pool Room or do they call it Billiards?

Not a good showing by SB.com. But those that did show made it worth it for me.There was MoBourbon, DougDog and Barturtle.

And of course your's truly was representing with a suit and tie that would even make it back up in the 313!:rolleyes:

Also met Linda and John Lipman and we ganged up at there room afterwards and tasted some pre and post-prohibition ryes and some Stitzel-Weller Rebel Yell.

Here's their link http://www.ellenjaye.com

Jay from The Party Source brought along some of his 4R's and BTEC.

And something very very special, a Barley Whiskey that he had BT make for him, don't know when it's coming out.

Here's their link http://www.thepartysource.com

Pouring freebies at the party was Jimmy Russell from Wild Turkey, also pouring was reps from Four Roses, Heaven Hill, Old Forester/Woodford, Kentucky Bourbon Distillers and The Party Source.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.