Wild Turkey 12yo

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Or, what could be worse, feel compeled to go around buying up every bottle I can find... shocked.gif

Ed

• 3 weeks later...

Edward, im going to live in Odawara for a year and Im wondering how rare it is to find good bourbon in Japan. Ill be making a million trips to Tokyo im sure of, and id like to know where to shop for good bourbon. how common is quality bourbon over there?

Lots of good bourbon here. Not everything you will read about here, but some things you won't find (easily) in the States. Lots of Blanton's for one thing. Prices might be a little higher than you are used to. I don't know what to tell you about Tokyo as I am in Sapporo. There are other memebers in Tokyo and they can tell you more about stores there. I suspect that you will have a better selection than I do. I suggest you start a thread in General Bourbon with your question in the subject title.

Don't worry!

Ed

• 1 month later...

OK, what is probably "new stuff" is in a local store, about $50, IIRC. Should I pick it up, or bunker a bit of Russell's Reserve ($28, I think)?

Bob

My rule of thumb for Wild Turkey 12, any version: if you see it, buy it.

I've never seen it for less than $48, or more than $60, so $50 is on the low end. Buy Russell's Reserve 101 next week/month. As recently as the Sampler, Jimmy said the 101 would remain in markets until the 90-proof is introduced, so it's not likely to disappear overnight (except in KY, where the 90 is on the shelf).

ill remember this advice when im at the duty free shops at LAX this wednesday.

The Russell's Reserve has completely and immediately disappeared off the Alabama ABC's shelves. I am wondering if they got the wholesaler (or whoever they get it from) to do a mass buyback?

It really sucks. mad.gif

Tim

I just found a couple bottles of the 12 year for 39.99. I think I paid 45 and 50 for the two previous bottles I had.

Craig

That's a great price... up here in New England, I haven't seen it for less than $50.

It's pricey whiskey, but it is good, and it's different than the other WT stuff available. BTW, for those near NH, Russel's Reserve is on sale at the NH state stores for $22.99 until June 26. A good time to fill the bunker... Eagle Rare SB is also on sale for $16.99 (!)

-monte-

It's pricey whiskey, but it is good, and it's different than the other WT stuff available.

The biggest difference is probably the fact that technically, it isn't available anymore. Any 12yo you find out there domestically has been sitting on the shelf, hiding in a back room or a warehouse for years.

And, of course, if you like the 101 proof Russell's Reserve, stock up while it lasts!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.