Different proofs in Woodford reserve

nor02lei
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

WR has always been 90,4 proof, but in the last 1-2 years there has shown up an 86,4 proof version as well here in Europe. I don’t like this at all as I am a believer of the theory that the Woodford problem is basically proof related and that a higher proof would be the solution instead. Is this only a Europe problem or has these low proof versions shown up elsewhere as well?

Leif

WR has always been 90,4 proof, but in the last 1-2 years there has shown up an 86,4 proof version as well here in Europe. I don’t like this at all as I am a believer of the theory that the Woodford problem is basically proof related and that a higher proof would be the solution instead. Is this only a Europe problem or has these low proof versions shown up elsewhere as well?

Leif

They haven't shown up here. Woodford is still getting its feet wet in Europe and may be trying to figure out what people want. In Europe, even more so than here, virtually all distilled spirits are sold at 40% ABV or less and I'm told that anything higher tends to be a problem because consumers are so unused to it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.