When your time comes?

hectic1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's a little morbid but I was thinking about how you can't take money with you when you expire/pass/or just plain old kick the bucket. With that in mind, the majority of us have good sized bunkers that will undoubtedly have bottles remaining when we are not longer able to consume...my question is what will you do with it? Will you will it to people, let your family decide, etc.?

I have a couple buddies of mine that are really into bourbon too and told them that if anything happens to me they can split my bourbon bunker! That's my plan for my bunker...what's yours? :crazy:

The list will be posted on SB.com and it will be given to any and all on a first come first serve basis. Whatever goes unclaimed will be given to the local monks.

It's all planned, anything left goes to my Daughter and her Husband. The drawback is that she is always encouraging me to buy more top shelf juice.

It's all planned, anything left goes to my Daughter and her Husband. The drawback is that she is always encouraging me to buy more top shelf juice.

My oldest son is turning into a huge bourbon dork so I figured most will go to him but I plan on passing some bottles around to some of my bourbon buddies......that's assuming they outlive me. I may end up inheriting bourbon from them so then I have a larger problem.

Is she also trying to get you to take up new "adventurous" hobbies. like Sky Diving, base jumping, or Snake Handling????

I'll be placed in a boat, doused with my bourbon, set on fire and pushed out to sea. Kind of like a SB Viking funeral. At least that's the plan until I come up with something better...and that my surviving family can actually carry out.

I think I was joking with some folks about this in the chat room a while back. I kiddingly said that I want to be embalmed with mine when I go. :skep: Who said you can't take it with you. :slappin: Joe

In a charred oak casket too. :bs:

You might want to visit the Abbey at Gethsemene during your next trip to Bardstown. They have Trappist built caskets, you'll just need to talk them into charring one <G>)

Tom

I think I was joking with some folks about this in the chat room a while back. I kiddingly said that I want to be embalmed with mine when I go. :skep: Who said you can't take it with you. :slappin: Joe

In a charred oak casket too. :bs:

First I want to be embalmed in the high proof goodies, then have a big ass bonfire with me at the center piece and one hell of a party for a send off with the rest of the juice.

What does not get consumed then will go to my kids and friends that like bourbon, wine, etc….

:bs:

If you go before me, I'm going to have a talk with your better half and make sure you don't (at least not the good stuff).

If that doesn't work, my wife's cousin owns a funeral home and I'd be glad to see what I can do for you. He's probably had stranger requests

If you go before me, I'm going to have a talk with your better half and make sure you don't (at least not the good stuff).

If that doesn't work, my wife's cousin owns a funeral home and I'd be glad to see what I can do for you. He's probably had stranger requests

Now that's funny. Maybe we could work out a deal. Pay for my funeral with my stash. :crazy: Joe

You might want to visit the Abbey at Gethsemene during your next trip to Bardstown. They have Trappist built caskets, you'll just need to talk them into charring one <G>)

and good beer.

I think their should be a "Gazebo Trust" where all SBers donate their goods when they pass. Future SBers can then learn of great bourbons gone by and then return the favor as they pass. It should a self-perpetuating system.

That sounds like a fine idea. I'll let my loved ones know to donate some bottles to a future gazebo gathering.

I'd like to be cut in half and stuck in two barrels (don't think I'll fit into one) and thrown into a bonfire.

Great whiskey will be served!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.