Christmas Turkey

brendaj
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Folks,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I bet you are covered in leftover turkey and ham. (Eternity is one person and a ham... smirk.gif ) A Kentucky HotBrown is a great way to use that stuff.

There are lots of recipes and variations. Basically, take a couple of pieces of toast and put them in an oven-safe dish. Cover it with turkey (and some ham if you'd like) and a couple of slices of tomato. (I've even had it with Broccoli tucked in there.)

Make a pretty thick roux (flour and butter white sauce) and add your favorite cheese. I like Monterey Jack and Colby, but sharp Cheddar...almost anything will work (except Cheezwhizz... wink.gif ). And bake/broil.

Here are a couple of recipes and the baking/broiling instructions:

http://www.bourbonrecipes.com/hotbrown/hotbrown.html

(Please, please the rest of this site isn't ready for primetime yet so, if you poke around, overlook all the dead-ends and broken links. Someday they will really go places...I promise... crazy.gif)

I splashed Bourbon in the cheese sauce for my last HotBrown and it was wonderful.

Enjoy!

Beej

Brenda , put down that glass of 12 year old Wild Turkey and finish the site. With links to Hot&Fast and Slow&Go at least put pictures of naked savage females on the warpath until you can get the other stuff up, whatever it was! grin.gif

BEEJ,

Thanx so much for the recipes. Jessica has been looking fo a recipe ever since she had that when we all had dinner that night during the festival. With all the leftover ham and turkey floating around here, I am sure that it will be on the menu soon!

TomC

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Bobby & guys!

I sure have missed everybody! I had to laugh when I came on this...between you thinking of naked savage women, and Linn talking about Bardstown Girls Gone Wild, my imagination took off.

I got a mental picture of what a Bardstown Girls Gone Wild video using my friends would be like, and laughed until I cried. When I flash a guy, I would like to think I'm giving him an appetite, instead of taking his away... smirk.gif If you catch me holding anything up for the camera, it would most likely be a couple of bottles of really good Bourbon or, a rack or two of pit cooked ribs... grin.gif

Bj

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.