A Confession-cum-Explanation...

TNbourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's no secret that I despise those whose first post here is about how much value their own rare botte has, and how to sell it for the most profit. These are folks who have no intention of partaking of the daily interface and interchange of rational, experienced thought most of us assay about American whiskey, bourbon in particular. We enjoy what we drink, and further enjoy sharing with others.

It's also no secret that I sell on eBay from time to time -- usually bottles otherwise bypassed by members here when first offered by me. Whenever possible, I have sold what I was willing to part with to SB.com members at the price at which I purchased. I'm not in the liquor business, and I don't make money from friends or 'colleagues'.

That said, the bottles I sell on eBay are subject to profit, as they are on the 'open' market. I'm not averse to profit, and any inference otherwise is misguided -- I don't partake in my whiskey 'hobby' specifically for profit, but I don't eschew it, either.

Currrently, my interest in bourbon has faded along with the participation of adherents with whom I'd 'grown up' on this forum. Other interests have arisen, some requiring funds. In truth, I have but few (less than a dozen) bottles of bourbon/whiskey left unopened that would capture a premium on the open market. Still, I find it the best use of my current resources to sacrifice one interest to feed another.

If you recognize my username on eBay, please don't bid, okay, unless you'd buy the item at that price anyway?! I'm as sincere in my desire not to profiteer by my particpation here as I am in my decision to part with one hobby to pursue another.

If you'll contact me via PM, I'll sell any (of the few) lot I have listed on eBay to you at what I paid. No more!

And life proceeds...

Oops! A miscalculation on my part, for which I apologize. Truly, I meant my post to be a explanation, not a solicitation. I know I asked for PMs and offered to sell at my cost -- and I WILL do that! -- but, folks, I don't have a 'list' of anything to sell. I'm down to 20 sealed bottles (by actual count, just now), most of which are widely-enough available you don't need to buy them from me, or pay any premium for them anywhere.

I was just feeling a little guilty that I'd offered the 3-4 bottles that might command a premium publicly on eBay after being critical of others (whom I didn't deem to REALLY be interested in the whiskey itself) for trying to profit here. I DON'T WISH TO PROFIT HERE!

So, thanks to those of you who've expressed interest, but the fact is I don't have any large quantity of quality whiskey to sell. I've just kinda spent my interest in hanging on to any that have value above that related to sentiment.

Sorry for the inadvertent false alarm.

Oops! A miscalculation on my part, for which I apologize. Truly, I meant my post to be a explanation, not a solicitation. I know I asked for PMs and offered to sell at my cost -- and I WILL do that! -- but, folks, I don't have a 'list' of anything to sell. I'm down to 20 sealed bottles (by actual count, just now), most of which are widely-enough available you don't need to buy them from me, or pay any premium for them anywhere.

I was just feeling a little guilty that I'd offered the 3-4 bottles that might command a premium publicly on eBay after being critical of others (whom I didn't deem to REALLY be interested in the whiskey itself) for trying to profit here. I DON'T WISH TO PROFIT HERE!

So, thanks to those of you who've expressed interest, but the fact is I don't have any large quantity of quality whiskey to sell. I've just kinda spent my interest in hanging on to any that have value above that related to sentiment.

Sorry for the inadvertent false alarm.

20 bottles, that's it. That's a 6 month supply at best. BINGE MAN BINGE!!! Go out with a bang. You owe it to yourself after 4,000+ posts.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.