KDA v Sazerac

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Sazerac has quit the Kentucky Distillers' Association. I blogged about it here and here. Today the Lexington Herald Leader picked up the story, such as it is.

We actually have a little discussion about it going in a hijacked thread here.

So far, I haven't been able to find out what this is really about.

I think it means that Sazerac sees the BT brand able to carry its own weight for the marketing dollars it expends.

After all, BT is and always will be a part of The Trail. Does it matter if they are not a member of the KDA?

Promotion of the trail is paid for by the KDA, i.e., the members of KDA, so BT and Tom Moore will be invisible as far as any KDA-funded promotion is concerned. It will be interesting to see if some of KDA's partner agencies, such as the Louisville Convention and Visitors Bureau, will follow suit.

I've sat on the board of oil and gas industry organizations before. Member companies would come and go.....usually for one of two reasons. Budget cuts.........and disagreements over legislative activities. I'm guessing its the latter in this instance. I've met many of the family members in the Sazerac tree of companies and they are an independant bunch for sure.

Randy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.