Changes in the Urban Bourbon Trail

barturtle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Baxter Station is a good addition, a nice neighborhood bar in the shadow of what's left of Distillery Commons (a defunct distillery).

Baxter Station is a good addition, a nice neighborhood bar in the shadow of what's left of Distillery Commons (a defunct distillery).

I was going to try to head down to Baxter Station this weekend to grab a drink or two. Is it correct that ND used to be located in that area?

The Distillery Commons web site is a little misleading. No distilling was done there post-prohibition, but it was a major warehousing and bottling complex, mostly producing Old Grand-Dad.

Baxter Station is adjacent to the site. I assume it was the bar where the National workers went after their shifts.

The guy who redeveloped it as commercial space after 1979 told me that when they started to pull the place apart, they found thousands of empty Old Grand-Dad pint bottles stuck here and there, from workers lifting and drinking them, then discarding the empties. It was to him one of the most memorable things about redeveloping the place.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.