What wine are you drinking? Winter/Spring 2010

Josh
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

When it comes to wine, I'm a firm believer in one of the informal rules around here regarding whiskey. If you like it, you like it. Whether it's Foxhorn, $3 Chuck or Boone's Farm.

On a similar note, this afternoon I'm enjoying some Remvi White Retsina from INO. Light & fresh, not too spectacular, but very refreshing. And then there's the pine resin finish. :grin: Fun every now and then, but I couldn't drink this on a regular basis.

recently released 2008 The Prisoner by Orin Swift--a blend from Napa, mostly Zinfandel.

Spring Mountain Cabernet 2005 just arrived---excellent. they also make a good Sauvignon Blanc.

Rombauer Cabernet--tried it at a Binny's California tasting. in the $30 range, but worth it.

Just some Alpha King tonight while watching my hockey team return to proper form. :grin: Go Hawks!!!!

Just some Alpha King tonight while watching my hockey team return to proper form. :grin: Go Hawks!!!!

Drinking some Joel Gott Cabernet Sauvignon.

They both are gonna have to go through the LA Kings:grin:

Drinking some Joel Gott Cabernet Sauvignon.

They both are gonna have to go through the LA Kings:grin:

Hmm, LA is throwing it down.

I didn't think y'all mellow Cali folks had it in ya.

I'm a military brat and spent most of the time in the Panhandle of Florida - Panama City. Also born in Alaska, lived in Maine, Ohio, Hawaii.

I have no idea what the puck you people are talking about. Maybe b/c I just finished off a bottle of Chateau Grand Traverse Select Semi-dry Riesling (no vintage). On warm days like this, a good Riesling really hits the spot.:grin:

• 2 weeks later...

In honor of the University I grew up less than 3 miles away from, I am having some Indiana wine tonight. That wine being White Select (a semi-dry Cayuga) from...wait for it...Butler Winery!:grin:

Ok, so it's named after different Butlers and currently it is run out of Bloomington, but it's Butler nevertheless.

All silliness aside, it's very nice and food friendly. Sweet pears, crisp, food and cheese friendly with just the right touch of foxiness. I bought this at their tasting room in Chesterton, near the Indiana Dunes Nat'l Lakeshore while on my way to Chicago a few weekends ago.

I asked what grapes when into this wine when I tasted it. The 20-something guy at the tasting bar said, "Hold on, let me call the maker." He picked up the phone, dialed, then when the party on the other end picked up he said, "Mom, what's in the White Select?":lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.