Thomas Handy Sazerac Rye: 2008 or 2009?

ErichPryde
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Nice pipe rack! I don't smoke pipes but I have fond memories of my dad with his pipe. The T. Handy would be a nice accompaniment. What pipe tobacco would you choose with the T. Handy?

Jono, I can't speak for MJL (nice to meet a fellow pipe smoker AND handy fan!) But I think Virginia Flakes like Marlin Flake go very well with Handy.

What's yer' tobacco of choice, MJL?

• 1 month later...

Just discovered another three bottles of the 09. That's a total of 8 languishing on OR liquor store shelves (that I know of; there may be more). Stuff just does not sell here, which may explain why we're apparently not going to get any 2010 BTAC.

OR price is $77.10. Anyone who's interested should PM me their E-Mail address.

Gray areas are some of my favorites too, Scott. I haven't tried the 09 Handy in any amount of detail (just a sample), but it seems a bit more bourbonesque. I could be wrong, I'll have to track down a bottle and give it a shot!

I've got a 2009 Handy open now and 3 more in the bunker. I really like the stuff. So much so, that I have a couple cases of the 2010 on the way, hopefully.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.