Derby Weekend

VERITAS
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So, in honor of my dad's 60th Birthday my brother and I are taking him to Kentucky for the Derby. It will be my second trip out there, so I know most of the distilleries we want to see, etc. But was wondering if there are typically any bourbon/distillery/derby parties that take place weekend? I've done a lot of searching online and haven't came up with much. Any info that anybody has would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

How early are you coming? If it's just for the weekend, then I think you'll miss most of the festival events. Most events happen in the weeks before the derby. I don't think anybody in the area plans anything that would be in competition.

On Wednesday the 28th Four Roses is a sponsor of the steamboat race. There is a special single barrel bottled just for the event. I was on the Belle last year, and the whiskey was nice. The food was a disappointment. It's fun to hang out with Jim Rutledge and other Four Roses people, and I met the mayor (who was wearing one of those hideous Derby Festival jackets).

That's the only bourbon-related event I've heard about the week before. Distilleries are probably represented at the Kroger Fest-a-Ville on the river. There's a "Red Stag Tavern", for what that's worth.

The parade is on Thursday. If you are staying at the Brown this could impact you.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.