BOTM 4/10: 2009 Four Roses Mariage

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Gonna switch gears a little bit this time around. Thanks to a suggestion from a fellow member, 2009 Four Roses Mariage is our BOTM for April 2010. I know this bourbon isn't distributed as widely as the last couple of BOTM's, but I'd like to try and cover all areas of the spectrum if possible. Cheers, and happy posting. :grin: Joe

My two cents, for what it's worth. Great nose! Spice with a little candy/floral? Taste, well..... the higher proof definitely gives it a punch, but not to the point that it's too much to handle. Definitely a tummy warmer though. Very spicy, cinnamon, with a little cloves and pepper. To me the finish is very interesting. Reminds me of Big Red or Dentyne gum. I have noticed the same thing in a couple of other bourbons, but not nearly as much as with the 09 Mariage.

Nice post Joe...I think you accurately described the 09 Mariage. I picked up a number of bottles of this a couple weeks ago and I'm looking forward to getting into them a little deeper. Thanks for keeping this going Joe. :) I'll have a pour of this over the next couple days and post my thoughts. :cool:

I keep hearing imperial red hots, or cinnamon red hots, and I have to agree. It's a toasty and cinnamony whiskey!

I am going to pick up a bottle this weekend and give it a try. The tasting notes are intriguing. This will give me a good chance to try out the old GC glass, again.

Good choice! And good notes too.

I am on record with the opinion elsewhere, but let me reiterate, 2009 MARIAGE IS THE GREATEST WHISKEY I HAVE EVER TASTED.

Good choice! And good notes too.

I am on record with the opinion elsewhere, but let me reiterate, 2009 MARIAGE IS THE GREATEST WHISKEY I HAVE EVER TASTED.

While I don't know that I would go quite as far as Josh has it's certainly a fantastic pour and in my top 10! If you haven't had the opportunity to try this bottling from Four Roses pick up a bottle...be prepaired to pay $65-$80 for this premium bottling though! :)

While I don't know that I would go quite as far as Josh has it's certainly a fantastic pour and in my top 10! If you haven't had the opportunity to try this bottling from Four Roses pick up a bottle...be prepaired to pay $65-$80 for this premium bottling though! :)

Probably just as well that's it's not available here, given that I'll be writing a couple of large checks on the 15th. :hot:

I agree... simply one of the best bourbons I have ever tasted. Great depth and maturity without too much char and oak.

Makes me excited for the 2010 Mariage.

One of my favorite bourbons, definitely cinnamon red hot candy. I need another bottle or two of this.

I bought one of these awhile back and finally opened it last Sunday on my 50th birthday, great stuff!

I bought one of these awhile back and finally opened it last Sunday on my 50th birthday, great stuff!

Happy B-day!:icon_pidu:

The 2009 Mariage is excellent. Even as a relative newbie I can tell this stuff us complex, yet well balanced. I'm digging the floral/fruity/spice thing goin on.

Why can I find the other 4R selections around, but not these?

Dang me, dang me, they oughta take....

jsbac

Why can I find the other 4R selections around, but not these?

Dang me, dang me, they oughta take....

jsbac

I just checked out the Binny's website and it looks like they ship to Arkansas. I don't think I'd ever leave my house if I could have bourbon (legally) shipped to my door. :grin:

The 2009 Mariage is excellent. Even as a relative newbie I can tell this stuff us complex, yet well balanced. I'm digging the floral/fruity/spice thing goin on.

Yes, my Mariage 2009 arrived this morning. Looks like tonight will be a Four Roses night!

Now I have no excuse.

I just checked out the Binny's website and it looks like they ship to Arkansas. I don't think I'd ever leave my house if I could have bourbon (legally) shipped to my door. :grin:

So I got my bottles from Binny's and gave this a try Friday night. Have to admit, I really like it. Have to agree with the comments so far. Definitely get that cinnamon red hot taste and some nice rye spice as well. It is a very enjoyable bourbon.

It looks like it will be quite difficult (and expensive) for me to get a bottle here in Philadelphia. I hope one of the whiskey bars here has it for me to try. Although it only looks like one place has it listed, and I am not sure what year/vintage.

The more I drink this stuff the more I like it. I think it may top any of the Van Winkle products I have. I need to bunker at least one more so I won't feel bad drinking the whole bottle. I'm surprised it doesn't disappear of the shelves as fast as the BTAC and anything Van Winkle.

The more I drink this stuff the more I like it. I think it may top any of the Van Winkle products I have. I need to bunker at least one more so I won't feel bad drinking the whole bottle. I'm surprised it doesn't disappear of the shelves as fast as the BTAC and anything Van Winkle.

I agree here...I have 1 open and 3 bunkered but I'm planning on picking up a bottle or two in Indy this week as you can never have too much of a good thing. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.