Elijah Craig 18 Year

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The Binny's selection is killer too. A few weeks ago Amy and I and some others did a tasting of old bourbons, Vintage 17, ER 17, 4R 100th, and EC 18, my Binny's bottle. It really blew them all away. And it was the cheapest. God bless you, Parker Beam.:bowdown:

The Binny's selection is killer too. A few weeks ago Amy and I and some others did a tasting of old bourbons, Vintage 17, ER 17, 4R 100th, and EC 18, my Binny's bottle. It really blew them all away. And it was the cheapest. God bless you, Parker Beam.:bowdown:

I agree, Josh. Although, I've not had the 4R 100th, yet. The EC18 can be extraordinarily good. I had a barrel selection bottle that a retailer in Tennessee did, and it was knee-buckling delicious.

Josh, have you thought about what Bill Samuels is going to think when he hears your thoughts on Parker? Ya know, Bill doesn't touch just anybody. :D

I agree, Josh. Although, I've not had the 4R 100th, yet. The EC18 can be extraordinarily good. I had a barrel selection bottle that a retailer in Tennessee did, and it was knee-buckling delicious.

Josh, have you thought about what Bill Samuels is going to think when he hears your thoughts on Parker? Ya know, Bill doesn't touch just anybody. :D

As anybody who has met me knows, there's plenty of me to go around!:lol:

I actually have noticed the EC 18 is getting better....

To me the rules have reversed for the EC 18... The newer., the better !!!

(I hope they keep it up !!!!)

I actually have noticed the EC 18 is getting better....

To me the rules have reversed for the EC 18... The newer., the better !!!

(I hope they keep it up !!!!)

Glad to hear that because I am not thoroughly impressed with my bottle that was barreled in 1981. I really think HH needs to consider higher proof expressions, everything I taste from them at or near barrel proof seems to be very, very good.

"East of the Big Chicken", Joe? Would that still be 'may-retta', or are you in Roswell? I grew up in Dunwoody, and spent a whole lotta time near the Big Chicken...Smyrna ways. NAS Atlanta & Old South BBQ were my second & third homes.

GO DAWGS!

Definitely in agreement that EC 18 can be outstanding. All HH bourbons are in my view better than they were except for EW Black.

Gary

State min here in MI is 41.95, how close are you to a MI store?

It's hard for me to put money into the equation but if you feel the loss of 54 bucks don't try another.

One to look out for is the Aug 1990 bottle. I never had it but I've heard it's the best.

"East of the Big Chicken", Joe? Would that still be 'may-retta', or are you in Roswell? I grew up in Dunwoody, and spent a whole lotta time near the Big Chicken...Smyrna ways. NAS Atlanta & Old South BBQ were my second & third homes.

GO DAWGS!

...The EC18 can be extraordinarily good. I had a barrel selection bottle that a retailer in Tennessee did, and it was knee-buckling delicious...

I agree. I've got 3 bottles from a honey-pot barrel. #2787 barreled on 3-1-91. Our state ABC runs the EC18 on sale once a quarter for $34.99. I load up. At that price I believe it to be the best bourbon value locally.

• 4 weeks later...

When I took the short tour at HH earlier this year, they were pouring EWSB and EC18 for tasting. Both were excellent. It was a cheap way to try it, and I've since bought a bottle.

I had a March '91 that I liked a lot.

I have heard that the August '91 is real good too, I picked up one in KY a few weeks ago but haven't got to it yet.

Got couple of 50ml's of Jan 31, '92 from a member here and it's the best I've had.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.