Hotaling's Whiskey

ErichPryde
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm trying to source a bottle of Old Potrero Hotaling's Whiskey, but none of the online retailers I've found with an internet search seem to have it. Any of you out there seen any around that a retailer might be willing to ship? Binnys? I almost had a bottle sometime back from a retailer in california, until they quit returning my calls. :rolleyes:

I can find the younger, barrel proof versions locally for approximately 70 dollars, but I'm hesitant to try them. If someone knows of a retailer that might have a bottle and would be willing to ship, that would be spectacular. thanks!

I'm trying to source a bottle of Old Potrero Hotaling's Whiskey, but none of the online retailers I've found with an internet search seem to have it. Any of you out there seen any around that a retailer might be willing to ship? Binnys? I almost had a bottle sometime back from a retailer in california, until they quit returning my calls. :rolleyes:

I can find the younger, barrel proof versions locally for approximately 70 dollars, but I'm hesitant to try them. If someone knows of a retailer that might have a bottle and would be willing to ship, that would be spectacular. thanks!

I think that was the 30 cases was a first run at eleven years old. Since then, they have come out with successive runs. I've seen a 13 and 15 year old, though I don't know if they have done it annually. That being said, I haven't seen any version on a store shelf for ages.

I'm on the look-out for this as well. I live within driving distance of Anchor and frustratingly have had an easier time finding OP either on the East coast or online (from non-California retailers). I miraculously came upon their straight rye recently, what I believe to be their latest batch, and it is excellent. We did an Old Potrero vertical over at the East Bay Study Group last month and this bottle--batch G--was a standout for me (even though I had to leave the tasting early :frown: ).

As for when the Hotalings? I suggest emailing them from their website. I did get a response from them when I posed a question.

Let us know if you find anything!

• 7 months later...

Not sure if you all are still looking for this, but the distiller (Anchor Brewing) is out of stock at the moment, but will be producing more sometime in the spring. In the meantime they suggested trying the Johnny Walker liquor store on Sutter or Andronico's.

'If, as they say, God spanked the town

For being over frisky,

Why did He burn the churches down

And save Hotaling’s whiskey

I think that was the 30 cases was a first run at eleven years old. Since then, they have come out with successive runs. I've seen a 13 and 15 year old, though I don't know if they have done it annually. That being said, I haven't seen any version on a store shelf for ages.

According to this post, there was a 10 yr old product.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=94639&postcount=1

And the one I have in my bunker is a 12 yr...

Are you still looking for one Erik?

According to this post, there was a 10 yr old product.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=94639&postcount=1

And the one I have in my bunker is a 12 yr...

Are you still looking for one Erik?

Yes... but since some nice man let me try it, I'm not looking for it with nearly as much energy. I've switched over to hunting down a bottle of whistlepig (which online retailers DO have but may not be willing to ship to this particular state!)

Do you know where a bottle is for a decent price?

I've switched over to hunting down a bottle of whistlepig (which online retailers DO have but may not be willing to ship to this particular state!)

Do you know where a bottle is for a decent price?

If ordering on-line is an option, I checked at wine-searcher.com

(limit search to AZ but include merchants who ship to) and got

seven results (3 in NY, 2 in CA and 2 in NJ) with prices ranging

for $65. to $70. (not including shipping).

PM me if you'd like more info.

• 1 month later...

I'm still trying (most likely in vain) to find a bottle of their latest release, the 15 y.o. Anybody have or know of one? I have some good things to offer for it...

• 2 weeks later...

The Old Potrero products are an extremely tough find, but once you have it, you'll appreciate the effort!

This American rye whiskey is as good as it gets, I cannot begin to compare this rye whiskey with anything I've ever tried. Even trying to do so, would do this product an enormous disservice!

optrilogy.jpg

Here is a picture of mine....

Not nearly as "pretty" but just as awesome !!!!:grin:

2011-04-11_11-59-06_621.jpg

Here is a picture of mine....

Not nearly as "pretty" but just as awesome !!!!:grin:

What, no animal fur?

you've got the right idea scott - the light is behind the object (your window). Not to turn this into a photography lesson, but when photographing glass - light must be coming from behind.

This is opposite when shooting people (with a camera).

chuck

you've got the right idea scott - the light is behind the object (your window). Not to turn this into a photography lesson, but when photographing glass - light must be coming from behind.

This is opposite when shooting people (with a camera).

chuck

Any photography lesson is appreciated... however, this photo was a "spur of the moment" snap of the cell phone....:grin:

Years ago I was pretty deep into the "photography" thing... mostly nature shots.... but now... Just pics of my bottles !!!:lol:

This is one impressive American Whiskey!! Thanks Anchor Distillery for making a wonderful spirit!

whiskey_greatness.jpg

Chuck, that is one great looking photo..... Looks like I'm going to your house to drink !!!!!

Very Nice....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.