Better American Blends?

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I did get one to drink Segrams 7 and 7up but I think that was because she was convinced imported whiskys were somehow 'better'.

Seagrams 7 is not imported. Seagrams VO is.

So, this idea is just starting to light up, for me. You mean I could take a half bottle of WT 101 and a half bottle of, say 100 proof Smirnoff vodka and create a 100 proof blended whiskey with a flavor I would be likely to enjoy? I will probably be trying this, soon.

Tim

Go for it Tim, the flavor will be diluted of course but the worst that can happen is you still have a 100 proof bottle.

I've noticed several new brands of "light" whiskey on the shelves, all of them with wonderful names like Bird Dog, the latest addition. The little woman can't break free from her early whisky training in her native Korea where blended scotch and Crown Royal reign supreme. I failed in every attempt to convince her to help me dispose of my bourbon in an acceptable way, which demands proper filtration through several major organs. You can imagine my reluctance to spend the money for some of these new lights on the market if there is a risk of rejection. Lucky for me, you all have positively influenced my success in this area. I recently took a bottle of Four Roses and adulterated it with 25% Roosky vodka. Voila! She likes it! The trick was she likes the looks and name Four Roses, and the now "lighter" taste appeals to her. Whoda thunk it.

Thanx brothers!

Not necessarily, as long as the intake is steady you can get where you need to go with just about anything. Remember, I went to college in a town that only permitted 3.2% beer. It worked just fine.

There was a reason that we always kept a decent supply of Little Kings and California Coolers in our fridge in college. :cool:

I've noticed several new brands of "light" whiskey on the shelves, all of them with wonderful names like Bird Dog, the latest addition. The little woman can't break free from her early whisky training in her native Korea where blended scotch and Crown Royal reign supreme. I failed in every attempt to convince her to help me dispose of my bourbon in an acceptable way, which demands proper filtration through several major organs. You can imagine my reluctance to spend the money for some of these new lights on the market if there is a risk of rejection. Lucky for me, you all have positively influenced my success in this area. I recently took a bottle of Four Roses and adulterated it with 25% Roosky vodka. Voila! She likes it! The trick was she likes the looks and name Four Roses, and the now "lighter" taste appeals to her. Whoda thunk it.

Thanx brothers!

Take another bottle of FR, hide it, when she's sleeping or not at home pour out a couple ounces of your blend and replace it with a couple ounces from that hidden bottle of FR. Keep track of how many times you have done this and when the time comes to mix another bottle of FR/vodka replicate the last ratio she drank----and press on------------over time it should acclimate her to straights. :grin:

Not necessarily, as long as the intake is steady you can get where you need to go with just about anything. Remember, I went to college in a town that only permitted 3.2% beer. It worked just fine.

Yeah sure, 3.2 beer worked for you but not all of us can be a silver tongued slayer like you, the rest of us needs high proof liquor.:grin:

Yeah sure, 3.2 beer worked for you but not all of us can be a silver tongued slayer like you, the rest of us needs high proof liquor.:grin:

Agreed. I just can't seem to drink enough beer to get me drunk. I have the same problem with spirits under 100 proof. A bottle or two of OGD114 usually does the trick.

I now see what that "tastes great less filling" stuff was all about. Who wants to feel all bloated if part of the goal is intoxication? Not that one can't get drunk off of beer, even low alcohol beer, but it must take a greater degree of dedication than I would have ever wanted to put forth back in my wilder younger days.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.