Sunday Morning, Coming Down

Rughi
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Interestingly, you can get a drink beginning at 11:30am on Sunday at a restaurant after you order some food. Bars can't serve till noon.

Randy

Here it is man, nicked from a previous post I put up.

Re: Bacon sandwich for hangovers

Anybody here into Irish/English-style bacon? My wife is English, so we head over to this Irish butcher's place on the southside of Chicago once a month and stock up on "proper" bacon, as she likes to call it, as well as "bangers" (sausages) and "black pudding" (coagulated ox blood and seasonings pressed together in a sausage-style casing). It all sounds like shit, right? But when she makes up an English breakfast on a Saturday morning after a heavy night of drinking--I'm talking Irish bacon, bangers, black pudding, baked beans, fried mushrooms and cherry tomatoes (not battered, just pan fried in a bit of bacon fat), fried eggs and a few pieces of toast--man, you feel like a million bucks! There's just something about that grease that sorts you out. (In England and Scotland, they often finish off the cooking by frying up some bread with the remaining grease in the pan. Think French toast stuffed with bacon fat! It can't be good for the ol' arteries but it sure as hell tastes good.)

And a pint of Guinness, of course!

Fast food hambergers always does the trick for me, a Wendy's double and I'm good to go.

3/4 to a pound of bacon, 4 eggs sunny side up, 3 pieces of whole wheat toast (two buttered to sop up the runny yokes, and one left dry) a tall glass of raw milk (I have my sources). At the end of the meal I take the dry toast and spread on a nice thick layer of blackberry preserves and wash it down with the remaining milk.

Randy's post in this thread got me to thinking:
  • What's your favorite Sunday morning breakfast to revive one from the previous night and get ready to hit the bars at noon?

• For extra credit: What's your favorite drink to accompany that meal? (Bloody Mary and Mimosa are obvious winners, so are removed from contention).

• And for extra special bonus points: In what movie was the leading character's beer kept in the fish tank, for easy access?

Roger

• What's your favorite Sunday morning breakfast to revive one from the previous night and get ready to hit the bars at noon?
  • For extra credit: What's your favorite drink to accompany that meal? (Bloody Mary and Mimosa are obvious winners, so are removed from contention).
  • And for extra special bonus points: In what movie was the leading character's beer kept in the fish tank, for easy access?

Here's some theme music while you nurse your way through.

Roger

Hey man, that's soap.

15346_512x288_manicured__5u+fBhqZNkSmrkCWnlYmNQ.jpg

Roger

1. Corned Beef Hash spread evenly on the plate, two eggs sunnyside up, 4 sausage links with Maple Syrup poured all over.

2. Large glass of milk with about 5 shakes of tabasco

3. No idea really! Maybe a John Belushi movie

In the morning I usually wake up with a Gatorade or vitamin water, drink that quickly, then force myself to eat a greasy breakfast, usually mainly bacon. I'll drink another huge glass of water, drink some Emergen-C, greasy hamburger, then another Emergen-C and I'm usually good to go.

I struggle with remembering to stay hydrated... so once I get back in shape with that I'm good to go.

Since all my worst "events" of this sort seem to happen in NYC and I'm typically in the company of an Asian buddy he always takes me to a nearby noodle shop for a big steaming bowl of noodles, broth and pork. He is a chemist and mumbles something about electrolytes but whatever it is it works really well. On particularly rough occasions a few BC powders and some Gatorade finish it off. Can't say I'm good as new but I can avoid spending hours in bed recovering.

Hey man, that's soap.

Is this really it?

I would never have guessed Cheech and Chong. Having seen this and their other films years ago, I assumed there was little to no beer drinking in them.

Is this really it?

I would never have guessed Cheech and Chong. Having seen this and their other films years ago, I assumed there was little to no beer drinking in them.

My recollection is Cheech and Chongs Next Movie. I looked for an image, but Google let me down.

IIRC, Cheech wakes up and splashes water on his face from the fish tank and then grabs a beer from it.

I can't find s pic either, but what do I win?

My morning after is lots of water and something greasy.

• 2 months later...

Here's some theme music while you nurse your way through.

Roger

Pancakes, log cabin syrup.

Lots of sausages.

black coffee,

toast with butter.

Finally, if you have had some planning, Sangria. Hair of the dog.

Ready to go.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBWFJ85n_w0?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBWFJ85n_w0?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Yeah, idk how to embed youtube vids on this forum. My bad.

• 2 weeks later...

This morning was a fried egg, bacon, pepper jack cheese sammie on a toasted english muffin...doused in hot sauce.

Black coffee.

That did not do the trick so I just poured a Sierra Nevada Pale. I feel better.

This morning at Doug and Barb's was some wonderful biscuits and sausage gravy. Did the trick.

Leftovers from our Oktoberfest/birthday party last night. Wisconsin brats sliced in the pan and heated with German potato salad, a pair of fried eggs on top and some toast to mop up the grease. I'm ready for some football and a few beers!

Leftovers from our Oktoberfest/birthday party last night. Wisconsin brats sliced in the pan and heated with German potato salad, a pair of fried eggs on top and some toast to mop up the grease. I'm ready for some football and a few beers!

Winner!!!! Gotta love that gastro delight!

I've gotten really good at making SOS. I've held back from pouring bourbon directly in it, but I don't think I can hold out much longer.

Is the General's Kitchen still open in OCMD? SOS was what they were known for.

You're god damn right it is! :slappin:

This morning at Doug and Barb's was some wonderful biscuits and sausage gravy. Did the trick.

Damn good way to start the day!!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.