Best Places to Buy Scotch

mcer
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hi folks!!

I live in MI and my access to scotch whiskey is very limited and some times very expensive.

Since I travel a lot for work I was wondering if you could share your favorite places to find good scotch at a decent price.

Thanks, Rene'

Shoppers Viineyard in New Jersey has some decent scotch too. Also, depending on how close to Detroit you are, cross the bridge or go through the tunnel to Canada and check out the duty free stores. They sometimes have some nice duty free only bottles!

Thomas

There's a great store The Boozer turned me on to in Bloomfield Hills. They have a great selection of Scotch, and actually sell the BTAC at state minimum (shocking).

It's called Hills and it's at 41 W Long Lake rd., just west of Woodward.

Anyway, if you go to Indianapolis ever, Vine & Table in Carmel and Kahn's at 52nd and Keystone both have decent selections.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no problem finding even the rarest scotch, if only I could say the same for bourbon!

There must be some sort of solution to both our problems!? :confused:

I have no problem finding even the rarest scotch, if only I could say the same for bourbon!

There must be some sort of solution to both our problems!? :confused:

There is...... FedEx !!!:grin:

When I was in San Fran, the place to get good scotch (which I did) was BevMo. They had a great selection and fairly decent prices. The best prices by far I've found thus far though is in the New Hampshire state run liquor stores (20-30% cheaper but selection is wanting).

There is...... FedEx !!!:grin:

I would never have thought of that, I wonder if anyone would be interested in such an exchange? :skep:

Hi folks!!

I live in MI and my access to scotch whiskey is very limited and some times very expensive.

Since I travel a lot for work I was wondering if you could share your favorite places to find good scotch at a decent price.

Thanks, Rene'

I recomend you try the juice that goes into the barrels before they put scotch in them.... :D

Em,

I didn't realize you were such a sherry fan (after all those are some of my favorites)

Tom

Shoppers Viineyard in New Jersey has some decent scotch too. Also, depending on how close to Detroit you are, cross the bridge or go through the tunnel to Canada and check out the duty free stores. They sometimes have some nice duty free only bottles!

Thomas

Since I'll be in Detroit next week, can anyone expand on the duty free selection by the bridge / tunnel? Also, for my own clarification, I assume I actually have to cross the border to utilize duty-free shopping?

Since I'll be in Detroit next week, can anyone expand on the duty free selection by the bridge / tunnel? Also, for my own clarification, I assume I actually have to cross the border to utilize duty-free shopping?

You do have to cross the border. Here's an idea, though. There's a great bbq restaurant in Windsor, called Tunnel BBQ that's just on the other side of the tunnel. Make sure you bring your passport along and go get lunch or supper there, and hit the duty free on the way back. Bourbon-wise, they don't have much, but if you like Canadian, Scotch or Irish they have some stuff. There's a Dewar's four-pack of minis that is a good buy and a good chance to try their different expressions.

Here's another idea: if you're in the area and have some time, drop me a pm and we can have a drink!

Em,

I didn't realize you were such a sherry fan (after all those are some of my favorites)

Tom

Less Sherry these days due to the price of a good butt. More bourbon.

You do have to cross the border. Here's an idea, though. There's a great bbq restaurant in Windsor, called Tunnel BBQ that's just on the other side of the tunnel. Make sure you bring your passport along and go get lunch or supper there, and hit the duty free on the way back. Bourbon-wise, they don't have much, but if you like Canadian, Scotch or Irish they have some stuff. There's a Dewar's four-pack of minis that is a good buy and a good chance to try their different expressions.

Here's another idea: if you're in the area and have some time, drop me a pm and we can have a drink!

and hit the duty free on the way back.

Josh, I think you should go to the Duty Free on the USA side on your way into Canada.

I got 1 liters of WT 101 8yo and WT Sherry Signature that way.

That was at the bridge crossing, I can't do tunnels because clastaphobia. (that's gotta be spelled wrong)

Josh, I think you should go to the Duty Free on the USA side on your way into Canada.

I got 1 liters of WT 101 8yo and WT Sherry Signature that way.

That was at the bridge crossing, I can't do tunnels because clastaphobia. (that's gotta be spelled wrong)

Sounds good, but I'm boycotting the bridge because of that thieving, evil MF Matty Moroun. Ask Mr. bonneamie about him. He has fun tale to tell about how Matty literally stole a park from the city of Detroit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.