A.H. Hirsch 20 Reserve - Red Wax Top

seankimble
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Nice hunting. I guess I'm not spending enough time in the field! This is the third report of a find in the last couple of months. Plus two on auction.

If all else fails I'm still looking forward to the '10 BTAC.:grin:

Nice hunting. I guess I'm not spending enough time in the field! This is the third report of a find in the last couple of months. Plus two on auction.

If all else fails I'm still looking forward to the '10 BTAC.:grin:

Yes, I was quite happy. Paid a good chunk of cash but luckily nothing close to what some bottles are going for on a certain auction site.

• 4 months later...

I've tried to find a thread that addresses this, but can't seem to find one. Forgive me if this is a re-tread or whatever.

Is there a significant difference between the "red wax" Hirsch 20 and the "current (?) Hirsch 20?

I'm asking because my local store has several 20's, as well as other Hirsch products. http://www.bqewineandliquors.com/Items.aspx?SearchPhrase=Hirsch

I've tried to find a thread that addresses this, but can't seem to find one. Forgive me if this is a re-tread or whatever.

Is there a significant difference between the "red wax" Hirsch 20 and the "current (?) Hirsch 20?

I'm asking because my local store has several 20's, as well as other Hirsch products. http://www.bqewineandliquors.com/Items.aspx?SearchPhrase=Hirsch

"A.H." is the key. Only Hirsch bottles with "A.H" are Michters, be they 16 or 20. All others are from other sources.

The A.H. Hirsch 20 can be seen on this page.

You can see it is different from the Hirsch 20 shown on BQE.

edit to add - the BQE price seems to be pretty good for the

"newer" Hirsch 20 if you were considering picking some up.

It's priced lower than the sale price at SV, who usually have

stuff priced on the low end.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.