Sam's Sale

Bob
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I got an e-mail from Sam's today, indicating they have a sale going on now. I got in an order for Blanton's, which I've never tried, but I know many of you like it a lot. It's on sale for $39 rather than the usual $49. Also ordered Virginia Gentlemen, 90 proof, based on recommendations I've read here. I'll be looking forward to trying the ORVW 15 YO, 107 proof, which is also on sale.

I also learned that Sam's has purchased a cask of Pappy VW 20 Year Old, which Sam's will release as an exclusive bottling in the future.

In case anyone would like to view the catalog on line, go to: www.samswine.com/catalogintro.htm

Bob

Wow, this is indeed quite a sale. Their entire inventory seems to be 15-20% off.

These strike me as incredible bargains: Elmer T. Lee S.B. for 15.99, Eagle Rare 17 yo for 32.99, Michter's for 25.99, Old Rip 10 yo 107 for 19.99, Rock Hill Farms for 33.99, Van Winkle "Lot B" 12 yo for 26.99, and--at a price we will probably never see again--A.H. Hirsch 16 yo for 53.99.

Very tempting. But, I will have to remember this info for next year.

I just spent a bunch in the last month on my Stagg stash and several other bottles I have picked up this past week. My wife would kill me if I ordered anymore. crazy.gif

CL,

Yes I have noticed with extreme envy the Stagg Stash that you have been compiling. I'd say you will have a nice amount of Stagg to tide you over. If I had all that, I wouldn't have been buying anything either! wink.gif

Bob

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

... I just spent a bunch in the last month ...

Ouch. frown.gif I hear that. I ordered the GTS from Sam's before I found it much cheaper in WV ($48/bottle including shipping vs. $37 off the shelf).

Looks like you need a big drink to console yourself! smirk.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.