Bardstown Lunch

bobbyc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Amelia , me and BettyeJo had lunch today at El Camino's in Bardstown, It's something we try to do each month and BrendaJ joins us sometimes.( Jeff, you are welcome anytime as well, Maybe next time.) BettyeJo mentioned that she was expecting a phone call, and that it was important, If you know BettyeJo You have to figure she gets important phone calls all the time. We ate and were talking , the food was excellent. The phone rings and she answered it , talked briefly then handed it to me. I was at a loss as to who it might be , It is none other than StraightBourbon's, Jim Butler! For those of you who have yet to meet and talk with Jim you are in for a treat, really great guy. Jim created the StraightBourbon.com forum where we all meet and discuss our love for Bourbon, we can all be thankful to Jim for that. As Jim and I talked BettyeJo slid an embrodiered shirt in front of me , I was surprized to say the least, this was totally unexpected . I read on the shirt ,StraightBourbon.com Bourbonian of the Year 2003 . I think I conveyed my appreciation, but I will say it here , Thank You Jim Butler, This truly is thrilling. Thanks BettyeJo for making the shirt and helping with the surprize. Thanks to all StraightBourbonians, for reading my posts and commenting either way. It has been for the most part a fun and memorable year , may it continue and God Bless All. Our day wasn't over , we went to the Getz Museum and spent a few hours. Amelia got a tumbler, I got a copy of the Pictorial History of Bourbon by Oscar Getz. I have a fire and an overstuffed chair to help me enjoy that book. I lift a glass of Bourbon to you all. grin.gif ( Knob Creek, Actually) grin.gif

IMHO, the 2003 Bourbonian of the Year award could not have gone to a more deserving person than one Bobby Cox. Bobby, I say with heartfelt conviction that your spritely attitude, intellect, good humor, and playful use of the English language make my continuing visits to the forum a distinct pleasure. (Your love for bourbon, of course, doesn't hurt, either!) And thanks to founder Jim, too, for recognizing Bobby and the contributions he makes to this network of friends.

I raise a toast (ETLee SB, tonight) to Bobby Cox! Here, here, o' honored one! 'Tis a good thing to enjoy your company!

You definitely deserve it, Bobby! It is a joy to read your comments. (Though, you could throw in a few more carriage returns now and then to use those things called paragraphs.) shocked.gif

You are insightful, informed, funny, and without any spite toward others that think differently from you. Congrats.

Oh yeah, a glass of GTS in your honor! (What else? I am staring at a bunker's stash of it here at my parents' home!)

As a new comer here I have to agree , your posts are very informitive and enjoyable , Congra's Sir .... I look forward to more of your postings ,

bill G.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Congratulations Bobby! You earned it. I'm all out of Stagg at the moment, but I hope this glass of 20 year old Pappy Van Winkel raised in your honor will do. wink.gifsmile.gif

Linn

Congrats Bobby, enjoy it because you deserve every bit of praise!

( wink.gifwink.gif I raise B'Day Bourbon to you, my friend!! wink.gifwink.gif )

TomC

Bobby,

What wonderful news! You contribute not only to the substance but to the positive spirit, which IMO is even more important to the success of this group.

The only thing that could make this event better would be the addition of a suitable fanfare (preferably played on herald trumpets -- you know, the long straight ones) and a formal reading from a parchment scroll, complete with "Hear ye; hear ye!", a bunch of "Whereas"'s, and a "Now therefore be it proclaimed..."

Congratulations on your much deserved honor.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Congratulations, Bobby. Consider the torch officially passed (don't burn your fingers). It couldn't happen to a nicer guy. (Think we're all angling for an invite to your beautiful home in September?)

Congratulations Bobby!

I'm sorry I wasn't there, I didn't know. You make us proud! A true Kentucky gentleman.

Beej

Thanks for all the kind words here. I didn't fully realize what sitting at this keyboard and pulling things out of my sleeve could have. The fanfare was neat and I felt like I was being Knighted , I could clearly see myself riding up on my imaginary horse as per Monty Pyton , There's more than one person from Straight Bourbon that would play the other role , coconuts in hand!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

. (Think we're all angling for an invite to your beautiful home in September?)

Bobby,

I alway try to keep my promises. I remember promising you I would bring this bottle of WT 12 yr.old to the festival. I have been keeping this bottle dutifully tucked away, safe and snug in the box, holding it for Sept. But... smirk.gif I'm getting the impression it isn't necessary anymore.

Does this mean I can pop the cork on this bad boy?

I'll be eagerly awaiting your reply... wink.gif

Beej

No No No , you have to save yours and bring it in September, because you said you would , it's those of us who didn't that get to consume ours. See how that works?

Seriously I think Hoorays in Middletown has some more. Do what you have to do, It is a very fine drink, It's like WT 101 with all the rough edges smoothed away. grin.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

because you said you would , it's those of us who didn't that get to consume ours

I'd say you could show up with the empty, or near empty bottle , and since your intentions were honorable , you'd have a ticket! No one could hold your having drank it against you. smirk.gif

And as Martha would say ," that's a good thing", right?

Have you tried any yet, If not then I will say you are in for a pleasant experience. grin.gif

Chuck,

Whoohoo! Tell me you sent your poor beleaguered sister to Hooray's... smirk.gif

You have to promise, if you make it to the Bourbon Festival this year, you will invite your sister as well. Bless her heart, she has earned her place at the Gazebo! grin.gif

Hope there's still one left... grin.gif

Beej

I did, I did. Well, I asked her politely and said it wasn't a big deal if it was an inconvenience. (Ok, I lied.) Fortunately, her husband was going by there this past Monday and picked it up for me. grin.gif

And it didn't cost me anything! My wife made a cigar box purse for my sister's husband's sister, so we called it even. cool.gif

And, yes, if I do make it to the festival, I will definitely invite my sister. My wife is even talking about coming after Jeff mentioned the antique shopping. I don't know if that's a good thing or not! confused.gif She's not the gazebo type. crazy.gif

All she has to do is save one shot of that WT 12 year for your cookout for me, Bobby, Just like you saved the last drops of you Blanton's!! grin.gifgrin.gif !

BLEEE!

TomC

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.