BT White Dog Cocktails

harshest
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Anybody got any?

I bought a bottle of this stuff as part of my learning experience, trying to get a feel of what whiskey tastes like straight off the still. Plus it's a pretty good conversation starter and overall a pretty unique product. However I foresee this stuff lasting forever since I can only manage to get down a few sips at a time.

I was able to find one cocktail online but haven't yet tried it, so anybody got anything else?

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-1493-Baltimore-Restaurant-Examiner~y2010m7d8-Fun-summer-cocktail-recipe-usin-corn-likker-moonshine--Buffalo-Traces-White-Dog-Mash

A bar in Portland Uses House Spirits unaged rye to make what it calls the O'Harry, which is described as "a modern Manhattan of sorts, with a mixture of sweet Italian vermouth and house-made grenadine rendered from fresh pomegranates."

Exact proportions are not given, but perhaps one could experiment. You might want to substitute pomegranate liqueur for the house-made syrup.

I like this simple variation on a whiskey sour:

two parts White Dog

one part Gran Gala (or Cointreau)

one part lemon juice.

Shake with ice and serve up. A lemon twist and lightly sugared rim is a nice addition.

You can put white dog on your pop corn, just like at the movies!

Not a cocktail, but I added a bit of BT White Dog to some Stranahan's. It was quite drinkable.

C'mon.

White Dog and Orange Gatorade.

Nothing Beats it!!!

(Especially if you're dehydrated)

Zero to intoxicated in 60 seconds.

Use Red Bull if you can afford it.

C'mon.

White Dog and Orange Gatorade.

Is that gin 'n' juice for athletes?

Our local footballers found that cough syrup and kool-aid didn't work out so well. Maybe the Orange Dog beats the Purple Drank.

A bar in Portland Uses House Spirits unaged rye to make what it calls the O'Harry, which is described as "a modern Manhattan of sorts, with a mixture of sweet Italian vermouth and house-made grenadine rendered from fresh pomegranates."

Exact proportions are not given, but perhaps one could experiment. You might want to substitute pomegranate liqueur for the house-made syrup.

two parts White Dog

one part lemon juice.

Shake with ice and serve up. A lemon twist and lightly sugared rim is a nice addition.

Being one of the few lovers of unaged corn whiskey in these parts (or any others outside of Appalachia) I think the BT white dog would work well in applications like those Scott and Beakerboy mention.

One of my favorite summer drinks is a Corn Whiskey Gimlet: Virginia Lightning with a squeeze from a big wedge of lime, garnished with said lime wedge. I would thing that the BTWD would do well this way diluted down to 90 or 100 proof.

This is the most frequent one I've seen.

White Manhattan:

1 1/2 ounces white whiskey

1/2 ounce Benedictine

1/2 ounce blanc vermouth (not dry Vermouth)

3 dashes orange bitters

I really like "white whiskey" (Sorry Chuck...) in a Bloody Mary. Adds some nice body to an already bold drink.

White dog and our corn whiskey works great in a good bloody mary. It also goes well with lemonade or make a margarita out of it. Stirrings makes a margarita mix that it mixes really good with. Way better than using tequila.

Since we talked about bitters recently, this reminded me that a SB er a couple of years ago (Jake, from D.C.) suggested adding bitters to genever gin. Some genever gin is quite close to white dog whiskey, so I tried this with some rye white dog and there is a similar synergistic effect. Great with ice in a big tumbler.

Gary

When I was in the army many moons ago, our "punch" for our annual unit summer party was Everclear and lemonade. I'm sure BT Whitedog would work just as well. Joe

When I was in the army many moons ago, our "punch" for our annual unit summer party was Everclear and lemonade. I'm sure BT Whitedog would work just as well. Joe

two parts White Dog

one part lemon juice.

Beakerboy,

Just saying thanks -- I gave your recipe a try, substituting Mellow Corn BiB for BT White Dog, and am enjoying it as I type. It's very citrus-y, and makes for a nice change from the sweeter whiskey sour (I realize those last three words make no sense, but there you go).

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you like it. I find most true classic cocktails which call for gin or rum work really well with white dog. A white dog caipirinha or mojito are both good too.

• 1 month later...

Here is take on a "White Manhattan" that I ran across as part of my young whiskey tasting. With the Benedictine, this is a really interesting touch much enjoyable

Video of how to make a White Manhattan.

Write up of the White Manhattan

http://imbibehour.blogspot.com/2010/10/white-manhattan-cocktail-twist-on.html

and the reason for looking in to a white whiskey cocktail in the first place, a brief young whiskey tasting.

Cheers mate! Hope you like it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.