Where to go in Northern KY

birdman1099
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It appears I will be spending Thursday evening in Covington, KY. Can any of the N. KY folk clue me in as to where to have a nice meal and a few drinks? Although I have been through there many time (buying Bourbon of course:grin: ), I've never stayed there.

Thanks.....

There are quite a few pubs in Covington around Main / 6th. There is also a place called Molly Malone's on 4th that I like. Might be worth your time if that is your scene. Across the river, I am a big fan of Montgomery Inn. They have phenomenal ribs. If you have a sweet tooth, but sure to check out Graeter's Ice Cream (especially their Black Rasberry Chip).

If you like ribs even just a little bit, you need to check out the Montgomery Inn. Cross the bridge, and head East and you'll find the boathouse. It's one of the top five rib places I've ever been to, they have a decent bar, and not bad seafood for the Midwest.

Go east to the ajoining town of Newport. Try the York Street Cafe or go to Newport on the Levee for a variety of choices.

A few more miles away, I'd heartily suggest the outstanding Cajun food (yes, Cajun food in Northern KY!) at Knotty Pine on the Bayou.

Also a lot of bars & retaurants in the Mainstrasse area of Covington. There I'd suggest Chez Nora or Dee Felice.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.