Any Oktoberfest stories?

Jono
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have been to the Munich Oktoberfest several times. I had a great time every time I was there. One memorable story was one time several years ago, my friend and I were walking down the midway. Coming toward us were two very tall and robust women. The friend I was with was a little guy. As they walked past us they each put their arm under his and carried him off down the midway. He did show up about a half hour later. Only at the Oktoberfest!!

Joe :usflag:

• 11 months later...

Once again, the festivities have started...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2038481/Oktoberfest-2011-Beer-flows-freely-ultimate-drinking-festival-gets-underway.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/17/article-2038481-0DF0ECA900000578-705_634x430.jpg

Where do you take a leak around there? They would need thousands of portapottys to handle the pissing after so much beer has been consumed.

Garbage and toilets

Nearly 1,000 tons of garbage result annually from the Oktoberfest. The mountains of garbage created are hauled away and the ways cleanly washed down each morning. The cleaning is paid for in part by the city of Munich and in part by the sponsors.

In 2004 the queues outside the toilets became so long that the police had to regulate the entrance. To keep traffic moving through the restrooms, men headed for the toilets were directed to the urinals (giant enclosed grate) if they only needed to urinate. Consequently, the number of toilets was increased by 20 % in 2005. Approximately 1,800 toilets and urinals are available at this time.

From wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oktoberfest

Steffen

I went to Oktoberfest in 1985 and stored enough stories to last a long long time. My favorite is when our table was commandeered on one side by a group of British soldiers. They were louder and much more obnoxious than my American and German friends on the opposite side of the table. We were overwhelmed by bragging and nose picking when the hostess showed up to take our order. One of the Brits immediately tried to convince her to ditch her job for a night with him. She politely declined by calling him a dirty hound in German. When she returned with 10 liters of beer balanced on her ample bosom, she bent over to set the beers down and her feminine Charms loomed larger than life. The amorous Brit stuck his face between her bosom and made himself at home. She gently pulled his face back and then cold cocked him so hard that when he went over backwards he turned the whole bench over and toppled his mates and their beers onto the ground. Our side of the bench jumped up with a roar of approval screaming at the top of our voices in unison, "SCOOOOORE DEUTCHLAND! A good time was had by all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.