Ohio Applejack

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tom's Foolery is a tiny distillery in Chagrin Falls, Ohio. Their first product, an applejack (apple brandy), has just been released. Their initial shipment was 240 bottles.

The distillery is a labor of love for a very nice young couple named Tom and Lianne Herbruck who took their time (several years) and did it the right way. If you've ever dreamed of operating a legitimate, licensed distillery as a small, part-time, home-based business, Tom and Lianne are doing it and having a lot of fun.

As I understand it, there are some stores in the Chagrin Falls area that have it in stock and any Ohio liquor store can order it from the state warehouse.

post-5-14489816992396_thumb.jpg

I think they're okay. While not a straight cut there are no tendrils. It's all about the tendrils.

I forgot to mention a very important point. The Tom's Foolery Applejack is aged in used bourbon barrels.

I have helped them out some. They are very nice folks and are doing it right. It is true apple brandy. No gns in sight. One of the few microdistillers who is doing the right thing.

I'm hoping to grab some tomorrow and I'll post my thoughts after a good sampling session. :grin:

AH HA

so more competition for Laird's!

I'll probably never find this around here would love to try it. Who knows maybe I'll get lucky.

With a 240 bottle run, I'm not sure how much competition they will be for the bigger Lairds, but it will be a nice local option.

• 2 weeks later...

DeanSheen and I got the royal treatment at Tom's Foolery this morning. Many thanks to Tom and Lianne for taking time out of their busy day to show us the ropes and answer a bunch of questions. It's a great little operation and you can tell that Tom has a real passion for what he's doing as it shows in the product.

I'll post some pics when I get them uploaded.

Yes it was a fun fall morning in NEOH. Thanks to Tom for his time and Scott for setting it up.

Tom had some notes in a glass case that he had taken about starting a distillery when he was in high school. It's good to see passion and devotion pay off.

After our tour Scott and I were able to procure a few bottles of the good stuff from a store nearby which will make for a nice Thanksgiving treat, Ohio applejack and fresh Ohio turkey.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.