older wild turkey specialty bottlings

fixbonz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

hello all! just wondering if anybody has any more info on these older (90's) wt bottlings (see pic). i think they're all export, but i'm wondering if they are special release like the tributes or ongoing releases like kentucky spirit. any info welcome! thx, fixbonz

post-2013-14489816994601_thumb.jpg

post-2013-14489816994601_thumb.jpg

hello all! just wondering if anybody has any more info on these older (90's) wt bottlings (see pic). i think they're all export, but i'm wondering if they are special release like the tributes or ongoing releases like kentucky spirit. any info welcome! thx, fixbonz

I have got all these, but I haven’t tasted the 17 years old. They are all temporary releases long time ago.

Leif

These are big collector's items found in better bunkers worldwide.

I did once acquire a bottle (the doughnut one) of the WT KY Legend SB, and man oh man was it great. One of the top 5 best whiskeys I've ever had. Fantastic whiskey.

i agree with the legend sb being in my top 5, and i haven't even cracked the 17 year yet. the hourglass bottles are date stamped 1993 and 1995, but there is no such info on the legend sb or the 17yr. would love to know when they were released if anyone knows. fixbonz

I've sampled the WT 17yo in Japan -- very impressive and not too woody. I thought it was an overseas-only expression. Googling around, it seems to have been released around 2002, making it mid-80's distillate.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.