Whisky prices in Pennsylvania

Megawatt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A friend of mine is going down to Grove City in a couple of weeks. He is asking me for advice on what to bring back. What are the good deals in that area, and where does one go to get them?

A friend of mine is going down to Grove City in a couple of weeks. He is asking me for advice on what to bring back. What are the good deals in that area, and where does one go to get them?

When I visited friends at GC college years back, it was dry with

no booze around (guess who the popular guys were, bringing stuff

with 'em ;)). Things may have changed, tho'.

PA has a real whiz-bang website with prices and inventory.

What they lack in variety, they make up for with convenience! :lol:

PA has a real whiz-bang website with prices and inventory.

What they lack in variety, they make up for with convenience! :lol:

Thanks! There are some higher prices there (surprisingly) but most of the prices are significantly lower than in Ontario. Ardbeg 10 is half the price, for instance. Lahroaig 18 is two-thirds cheaper!

Megawatt, I live about 1 hour from Grove City. So the prices at my local liquor store should be about the same as up there. If you need me to check on any prices on any specific brands, let me know. I live about 1/8 of a mile from 1 and can stop in at any time. Just send me a PM!

• 2 weeks later...
When I visited friends at GC college years back, it was dry with

no booze around (guess who the popular guys were, bringing stuff

with 'em ;)). Things may have changed, tho'.

Without getting into the politics of the Republic of Grove City, they do have a PA Liquor Store at this address "33 PINE GROVE SQUARE DR

GROVE CITY, PA, 16127" Being in PA, this one will have nothing different compared to other stores in the area. If coming from Ontario I would research the PA site that 'callmeox' linked to, and find a "Premium Collection Store" in Erie, that would have more than other PA stores....but still nothing special......

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason known only to a cube rat in Harrisburg, Laphroaig 18 in PA is really one of the best prices in the country. Almost nothing else in this state can claim that.

Thanks! There are some higher prices there (surprisingly) but most of the prices are significantly lower than in Ontario. Ardbeg 10 is half the price, for instance. Lahroaig 18 is two-thirds cheaper!

For some reason known only to a cube rat in Harrisburg, Laphroaig 18 in PA is really one of the best prices in the country. Almost nothing else in this state can claim that.

SSSSHHHHHHHH! Someone will hear you!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.