Tis the season for gifts in the mail

TomH
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yeah, I heard that about Elmer T. Lee. Believe me, I didn't mean the phrase "Jack and Coke sort" in a derogatory fashion - I always figured when it comes to bourbon (or music, or movies, or many things for that matter), people will like what they like, for whatever reason. I may think they haven't a clue as to what's really good, but I bite my tongue and let it be. I don't expect anyone to bow down to my tastes either.

So, in the spirit of the holidays, and in deference to your status as one who'd likely closer to Bourbon Zen than I, you've talked me into your way of thinking. If they want to mix my WLW with lemonade, I'll just shudder and let them.

Not sure what Miss Manners would say but if you're having guests who you

know will ask for MM, might be a good idea to have some handy. That way

you'll come across as a good host and they'll be happy. Another plus if they'll

leave your "good stuff" alone but the downside is you won't be able to expand

their bourbon horizons.

I've always made a practice of serving my friends whatever they want.

Wow, I guess I need to learn how to write tongue in cheek better. I guess my post didn't come across as I intended it. I have Maker's on hand and have and will serve it if that's what someone wants. I try to always help my company leave happy!

Elmer T. Lee drank his Bourbon over ice mixed with Sprite. Would you call him a 'Jack & Coke sort' who didn't know better? Out of respect for others I don't substitute my judgment for theirs or presume to say what they should do.

Oh what a wonderful world it could be.....

My sisters and their husbands are coming for the holidays. They prefer what I consider really bad wine. Not just cheap wine but BAD wine. The equivalent of Kool-Aid with vodka. So I buy the bad wine, light a nice fire, and pour myself some bourbon. Everybody is happy.

My sisters and their husbands are coming for the holidays. They prefer what I consider really bad wine. Not just cheap wine but BAD wine. The equivalent of Kool-Aid with vodka. So I buy the bad wine, light a nice fire, and pour myself some bourbon. Everybody is happy.

Except kool-aid and vodka might actually be good. I'm guessing the stuff they drink makes box wine taste high end.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.