Roadtrip for golf and bourbon

dmarkle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Next weekend, I'm going to take a roadtrip to Kentucky to play a little golf and denude the landscape of all of the fine bourbon I can get my hands on which is otherwise inaccessible in Virginia.

I've already seen Woodford and BT, so what other distilleries *must* I check out? I'm thinking maybe Four Roses? We might even make our way up towards Louisville too.

Any good public courses I should try that aren't horribly expensive? I have to save some money for whiskey... :)

• 8 months later...

dmarkle, did you get any responses to this post.

I'm planning a bourbon tour and would like to get in a couple of rounds of golf along the way.

Did you find any good courses: public or private?

wmpevans, there a some good public courses in the louisville area. some excellent private courses but i don't know how much luck you will have getting a pass to those.

public:

nevel meade

quail chase

charlie vettiner

seneca park

these 2 public courses are very nice located just a couple miles north of the city in jeffersonville and clarksville indiana

hidden creek

wooded view

Thanks Creighton.

As far as private, what are the best courses, not necessarily exclusive, but as far as the course itself.

I'm pretty sure my local pro can get us on all but the most exclusive.

Thanks.

i've played wildwood which was nice. the other two i have not played.

lake forest country club

standard country club

wildwood

I don't play so I wouldn't know a good golf course, but I think a bourbon lover would want to play the My Old Kentucky Home course in Bardstown, which is adjacent to Heaven Hill's property. It's a public course. I understand several of the public courses in Louisville are very good too.

Valhalla outside Louisville hosted the 2008 Ryder Cup and the 2011 Senior PGA Championship, but good luck playing there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.