Another catagory idea

Enoch
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I wish we had a category where we just posted various bourbon and whiskey events no matter what size as we heard about them. For instance last year I went to a tasting of The Small Batch Collection hosted by Fred Noe. It was only $5 a person. It was great and my wife won a Beam football signed by Noe. It was not advertised and as a result not very well attended. I heard about it from a local liquor store owner. I would love to have a location to scan easily and see if anything was happening in my area. JMHO

I think this is a great idea! There is a bar here in Atlanta (Prohibition) that has tastings from time to time. In the past they have brought in Jim Rutledge of Four Roses and Robert Hutchins of Heaven Hill to conduct tastings of their bourbons. They are having events like this pretty often. I'll post the next one they have.

We do it's called "The Bourbon Social" it's for any group activity related to whiskey. If your not reading it your missing out.

To be fair, the sub-heading reads "Post/discuss SB social gatherings."

which I took to mean forum related events. I know I wasn't sure if "non

sanctioned" events were eligible for inclusion but will be sure to post

any (and just did, in fact!) I am aware of that may be of interest.

This is still not for every grocery store that is having a tasting this is for group events that hopefully will involve more than one SB member. Sorry if I miss lead people.

I'm in favor of any posting that may be of interest to Bourbon enthusiasts. After all, we have a lot of members who read but don't post and being informed of any tasting event, no matter how local, might be welcome news. Who knows, perhaps they may post about the experience.

This is still not for every grocery store that is having a tasting this is for group events that hopefully will involve more than one SB member. Sorry if I miss lead people.

So noted. I guess I'm a bit confused on the "loosened definition" of

"SB social gatherings". If the Bourbon Social is for specific SB related

events then perhaps non-SB related "events" could be listed elsewhere

as purely informational posts so any interested members might be

made aware and choose to attend (or not)?...

I don't think we need be too technical here guys, unless Jim objects lets just toss all Bourbon related events into the social gathering forum.

I'm in favor of any posting that may be of interest to Bourbon enthusiasts. After all, we have a lot of members who read but don't post and being informed of any tasting event, no matter how local, might be welcome news. Who knows, perhaps they may post about the experience.

Yep.

I don't think we need be too technical here guys, unless Jim objects lets just toss all Bourbon related events into the social gathering forum.

Yep yep.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.