Easter - ham? Lamb? Fish? Other?

Jono
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well, another large dinner holiday and with our family we usually have ham.

Of course there will be wine, but you can count on some whiskey, usually bourbon as it goes best with ham. We will be at my sister in-law so my brother in-law will provide. He has a decent collection so I am not out of luck by any means. I know he has Rittenhouse Rye, EWSB, Weller, Old Overholt among others.

Looks like it might actually be nice enough today to put the leg of lamb on the grill. I'll be obliged to have a large pour of something while I tend it. Maybe that WT 12 year that's been open for a while now.

Craig

Traditional here.. ham, Kielbasa, potato salad, seed rye bread, chrzan.... and of course bourbon and beer.....

Traditional here.. ham, Kielbasa, potato salad, seed rye bread, chrzan.... and of course bourbon and beer.....

Ditto, and that means beer first and bourbon later.

Ditto, and that means beer first and bourbon later.

Marc... correct!!! I remember growing up the Four Roses and Mount Vernon always on the Easter table.... beer was Schmidt's Tiger Head Ale and Ortlieb's.....

We had some Yuengling to start then some wine with dinner - spiral cut ham - and finished with some Four Roses Barrel Strength Limited Edition 100 59.9% abv 17 yrs old.

I enjoyed some turkey and prime rib today, with all the sides, potatoes, asparagus, etc. Good meal, now I just need to pick a drink to end the night with, EC 12 or a W.L.Weller 7 year.

We had ham, potato salad, and other trimmings. Chocolate cake with chocolate icing for dessert.

Tim

My wife wanted a cold meal, so I took 2 different hams, 2 salamis, Spanish chorizo, 3 different cheeses, 2 each types of olives and pickles, and club crackers and arranged them on her turkey platter. Set the table with the platter, 2 napkins, 2 cocktail forks, 2 glasses, and a bottle of petite sirah. We called it Easter dinner.

My wife wanted a cold meal, so I took 2 different hams, 2 salamis, Spanish chorizo, 3 different cheeses, 2 each types of olives and pickles, and club crackers and arranged them on her turkey platter. Set the table with the platter, 2 napkins, 2 cocktail forks, 2 glasses, and a bottle of petite sirah. We called it Easter dinner.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.