New Maker's Mark Label?

Inthewater
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I searched and could not find anything about this.

Saw a strange bottle on the shelf at a local pub (not known for its amazing liquor selection, but rather its rediculously awesome daily specials) and asked the barkeep what it was.

He said Maker's Mark. It looked nothing like what I have seen before, but the bottle was the same shape. It looked like it had a frosted bottle rather than clear, and there was a funky little painting or something on the label.

It was too busy to ask to take a look at the bottle, I'll try to check and maybe get a pic this week... :) ) but I was wondering if I just missed something. I guess I just can't see MM changing that "iconic" label. It's their brand, people know it.

Was I being duped?

MM did that bottle and label for the Holiday's this year.

http://www.bourbonblog.com/blog/2010/11/26/makers-mark-holiday-collectors-bottle-2010/

Bah, I didn't look hard enough. I searched for new Maker's mark bottle 2011....

Anyway, nevermind I guess. I've never seen it in anything except the standard bottle/label and a few "special" wax colors.

Hey, at least I know I was drinking MM now....woulda had some harsh words for that particular establishment, if not.

:D

MM did that bottle and label for the Holiday's this year.

Thanks Joe. Seems my concern was unfounded. Just looked...weird.

Kinda like something from a small winery or something.

Or Brandy.

Bleh.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.