Punch Rare Corojo & Elmer T. Lee

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
cool.gif When you get off work at seven in the morning and you're waiting for the liquor store to open there's not much to do other than relax and indulge yourself in a fine cigar and enjoy an excellent pure glass of supurb single barrel bourbon. In this case a magnificent Punch double corona (6 & 7/8ths " X 48 ring) and a large portion of Elmer T. Lee. > +>+>+>+>+>+>+ >+>+>+>+>+>+>+>+>+>+>+>+>+>+> +>+> +>+>+ >+>+>+>+>+>+ > +>+>+>+>+>+> + > + Now some folks worry that the forceful flavor of bourbon will "smother the delicate nuances" of a fine cigar. What nonsense! I think they just say that in order to somehow justify their drinking of some charcterless and overpriced sissy water that mearly pretends to be whisky.Enter the Punch Rare Corojo - my friends this stick is one hell of a powerhouse! Impressive in every way the corojo wrapper even looks like well aged bourbon with a deep amber hue. It even tastes a little like bourbon. Nice draw with tons of rich thick smoke. Supple to the touch - the oils begin to seep out about the halfway mark giving this stick a glistening sheen. Given some proper aging in a good humidor this will be one hell of a toothy smoke. * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + * + Once I tasted the smoke I knew right away that Elmer T. Lee would make a great pairing. Luckily I had a bottle hidden away from my last trip to Kentucky. Out it came. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Bliss. - Linn cool.gif

Linn does that wrapper on the PUNCH make a big difference from the other PUNCH. The cigar company has been talking up a storm about, that reddish wrapper. I think bourbon is a great marriage with a good cigar. It's strong flavor cleans the palate for the next puff, with it own great flavor. When I puff & puff away sometimes the smoke, just turns to paper flavor.

mark h.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

The wrapper is where the majority of the flavor in a cigar comes from and really sets the tone of the stick. I bought a three pack of Punch Rothschilds last month containing one each natti; maddi, and corojo. Since I have been a heavy smoker for all of my adult life I do indeed inhale the cigar smoke. Not a lot and not all the time, but yes this is where the difference in wrappers really comes through.After holding the smoke in my mouth I just let it drift up my nostrils to get a good wiff of the smoke that way. This used to be called French inhaleing and is now known as Freedom inhaleing. By comparing the three you can deffinately tell the difference. In a very subtile way the corojo is something like a cammeroon, but of much higher quality. I found that I really enjoyed the corojo wrapper and when this new shipment came in I had to jump all oover them. I didn't know then, but bo now that the last batch was made two years ago and was a first for Punch. This second round is sure to sell out quickly and then who knows how long you'll have to wait until there is another. - Linn

Linn,

I stopped smoking anything, when the cigar boom started. The cigars just sucked. They were badly made. The tobacco was poor. The prices were climbing. Good smokes were hard to find. But I'm back. The smokes are good again. I'm going to try to find some Corojo Punches. But what bourbon to go with it? The good times just keep rolling on!

a toast and a cigars salute

mark h. smile.gif

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Well Mark, I'd think any good single barrel would do.For me it was Elmer T. Lee. Just let your own palete be your guide. - Linn

Great combination! Smoked my first "Rare Corojo" Punch Rothchild last night. Smooth, easy-smoking cigar that is still full of flavor. Just a little spicyness towards the end leaves you begging for another. Went well with the ETL, but I thought the better combination was with the EWSB '93 (my second drink). I have a couple more sizes that I am going to try and when I pick my favorite I'm going to stock up, as these things only emerge once a year.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.