Wild Turkey 12ry vs. Wild Turkey 12 yr Linited Edition

Creggor
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

In my running around today I stoped by out of the way liquor store just to see what maybe on the shelfs. They had some nice items but one caught my attention more than the others. It was Wild Turkey 12yr KSB Limited Edition it had kind of a Orangish Gold label. In the past i have heard about Wild Turkey 12yr old as being a very good product. But the label on that 12yr old is in two parts and was what I thought was an off white with black lettering. This lable was entirly different. Also this product had a $49 price tag on it. Are these two different items are did they change the lable. Any help on this is appreciated. I did leave with 2 bottles of 10yr old Eagle Rare. Thanks Creggor.

Creggor:

> Are these two different items are did they change the lable.

I have both and they appear to be exactly the same thing save the label. Frankly, I think that gold foil label is ugly as sin, and I love ugly bourbon labels (read my apoplectic response to repackaging the "butt-ugly" Elmer T. Lee Single Barrel elsewhere on this site). As much as I like it, I also don't think the 12 YO is as good as the Rare Breed or 10 YO Russell's Reserve. However it's no longer sold in the US market, so you'd be wise to snap up a bottle for curiosity's sake if nothing else.

Stotz

Hello, Ryan Thanks for the info on the 12yr Wild Turkey. I thought they might be the same. I have mixed feeling on laying out $50 for the bottle especially when there Kentucky Spirit and Rare Breed are so good. I have not tried the Russels Reserve as of yet. If I do get it it will be as you say just to have it. Thanks forthe help. Creggor

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.