So damn hot, I'm drinking G and T

ILLfarmboy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tanqueray and Canada Dry tonic, sans the lime, to be exact.

I kinda miss the lime but what the hell.

We started an hour early and quit at 2:30. Its 99 and there's no damn breeze out there. Welding pipes (bucket elevator spouting) together was hot, HOT, DAMN HOT, a low spot out in the grass, no friggin' shade, and not a damn breath of air.-----Should have been a butcher or worked in an Ice cream factory:grin:

Anyone else drinking white spirits

Like me, do you like G and T's when its this hot?

I spent about half of my adult life in the southern US where G&T is extremely popular, but I never developed a taste for them. Usually I'll go for bourbon and ginger ale with a slice of lemon and lots of ice when it's hot, or maybe a beer. Hmmm, I have that decision to make shortly when I fire up the grill.

Craig

When the weather is right nothing hits the spot like a gin and tonic. Tanqueray is my usual choice; I don't care for what I can get for less, and I don't want to spend more. I bought a bottle of Bombay Sapphire on sale once, but I like Tanqueray better.

When the weather is right nothing hits the spot like a gin and tonic. Tanqueray is my usual choice; I don't care for what I can get for less, and I don't want to spend more. I bought a bottle of Bombay Sapphire on sale once, but I like Tanqueray better.

Amen to that brother. I am going to make one right now.

Glad to see I'm no alone in this other summertime quencher. :cool:

95 degrees and 70+% humidity has made for some awful past few days. Nearly making me long for those below zero days we are so famous for.

Regular Bombay is the staple in our house. It's the bottle that got the misses interested in me many years ago in college. But that's another story for another day.

Stay Cool.

B

108 heat index at 10:30 pm is nuts. Straight water for me last night, chased with a Gatorade.

I do not like the taste of the tonic. I prefer to mix it with water, it sure helps beat the heat.

I'll even drink it occasionally in the winter in rememberance of summer.

I partake in a G&T from time to time, my new favorite gin would have to be Hendrick's, it has more cool cucumber notes than it does the typical juniper blast. Another white spirit I like on hot days is of course vodka, with club soda, and a healthy squeeze of lime juice. Really cools me down.

Amy, what's the name of that gin that you get at Binny's from the Northwest?

That stuff would be good on the rocks with a wedge of lime and no tonic.

It's Ransom gin I think. It makes a great martini, but you're right, it doesn't mix well with tonic. Corvallis Cracker would know the correct name for the gin because it comes from Corvallis.

In fact, I think a G&T might be just the thing to settle my tummy right now!

I find Bombay Sapphire makes a better martini than a G&T.

Is Ransom less juniperie and more floral like Bombay Sapphire?

It's Ransom gin I think. It makes a great martini, but you're right, it doesn't mix well with tonic. Corvallis Cracker would know the correct name for the gin because it comes from Corvallis.

In fact, I think a G&T might be just the thing to settle my tummy right now!

Ranson makes a fine gin. They make an aged gin that is out of this world. There is another gin, I cannot think of the name is aged that is wonderful too. You know though, you still cannot beat Seagram gin. It is still distilled, and at ldi I would bet. and it is still aged for 90 days in a used bourbon barrel. I know for a fact, because I was down in Ky a year or so ago and saw and smelled one. You would not beleive how good it smelled.

Ransom's Old Tom gin? It's pot-distilled, kind of a dirty pink color and tastes quite malty for a gin. I don't favor it in a martini, but it mixes well with orange juice, IMO.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.