Jack Daniels 160th Birthday bottling

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I saw this in stores recently. It comes in a cardboard box. It costs twice as much as regular JD. Does anyone know if this release is different compared to the regular 80 proof JD?

I am far from being an expert on Jack Daniels, very far actually.

But I would be suprised if the whiskey is any different than what is in the standard bottle.

Like Maker's Mark, JD wants to sell bottles and the whiskey is secondary.

I am far from being an expert on Jack Daniels, very far actually.

But I would be suprised if the whiskey is any different than what is in the standard bottle.

Like Maker's Mark, JD wants to sell bottles and the whiskey is secondary.

It just seems to me that both JD and MM operate that way.

Again that is the impression that I get from them.

Am I wrong?

I don't know.

But that's how their message/marketing translate to me.

Does anyone know if this release is different compared to the regular 80 proof JD?

My guess is the only difference is the 160th comes in a black bottle.

Same 80 proof = standard JD release?...

It is standard 80 proof Jack in the 160th bottles. I actually bought some 90 proof specialty bottles cheaper than the 160th!

Thomas

The Daniel's folks have told me that all commemorative bottlings are Old No. 7, although sometimes at a different proof. They make three whiskeys, Old No. 7, Gentleman Jack, and Single Barrel. Everything the sell is one of those three, usually Old No. 7, though sometimes the proof changes.

And the green label.

I was surprised to see the one-year-old Lem Motlow mentioned in the CNBC story, since it's been gone for a long time.

I wish I'd bought a case twenty-five years ago. I think it was around five bucks a 750ml bottle, maybe six.

• 2 weeks later...
It is standard 80 proof Jack in the 160th bottles. I actually bought some 90 proof specialty bottles cheaper than the 160th!

Thomas

It has been a long time since I saw one of the commemorative bottle in a store but I recall all of them to be 90 proof.

I'd be surprised, and disappointed, if they dropped the proof of the commemoratives to 80.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.