If you could only have one...

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

If you had to pick only one bourbon that you could drink for the rest of your life, what would it be? Throw out all of the limited edition bottlings and pick one off-the-shelf bourbon that will see you from today to the grave. My choice would have to be Kentucky Spirit! It has everything a bourbon could want and some to spare. A little pricey, but things worth having don't come cheap grin.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

Throw out all of the limited edition bottlings and pick one off-the-shelf bourbon that will see you from today to the grave.

I know it's hard Bobby, but think back to a time before Stagg! "BS" as I like to call it grin.gif

I would probably have to go with Kentucky Spirit as well. This bourbon continually amazes me. With other bourbons, I can sometimes detect two or three different flavors, but with Kentucky Spirit (and Rare Breed) I can detect five, six, sometimes more distinct flavors. This bourbon is COMPLEX! Which, of course, greatly increases its enjoyment and entertainment value. While I love the Van Winkles and the Weller 19 y.o., if I had to go with one, KS would probably be it.

Can I cheat a little bit? If yes, then I would choose not a bourbon, but one of its "counsins"--a straight rye whiskey. And, since Julian VW assures us that he has found a steady supply of it, I would pick the Van Winkle Family Reserve Straight Rye Whiskey 13yo.

If it must be a bourbon, then I would probably go with Rare Breed.

Either way, I would be guaranteed of having at least one reliable source of happiness in my life grin.gif

SpeedyJohn

I humbly submite it would be ORVW 10yr 107 , but that should be no surprize,,, I guess I will go quietly back under my rock .....j/k

bill g.

Wild Turkey 101, is about the only boubon I have never not been in the mood to drink, so that would be my choice.

Tom (keepin' it real) C

Wild Turkey 101 would be my choice also.

Its tempting to say "WT Kentucky Spirit" but the last bottle of WT 101 that I had was unbelievably similar in quality to Kentucky Spirit. And you can't beat the price. cool.gif

-Troy

I'd have to go with Russell's Reserve. (I haven't opened my virgin bottle of Kentucky Spirit, so my vote might change soon.) wink.gif

Tommy

If I could only have one bourbon to drink the rest of my life what would it be? I think I would join AA, but to be fair about this, and since I have gone from rags to riches and back again several times Very Old Barton would have to be the one I choose (the 100 proof version) and Buffalo Trace would be my second choice. Ok, so I cheated-what can I say-you just can't pick out one. I'm having a VOB right now and here's to everyone!

Cheers,

Marvin

As usual, not an easy decision but I would have to go with Rock HIll Farms. So smooth, so tame. Be right back.........................................................

tongue.gif

ONE BOURBON! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Since I can't pick Stagg, I'll also go with Blanton's, but KS would be a close second. (See I had to sorta expand one to three). tongue.gif

A few months ago I would have said Makers Mark. Today I am going to go with EC 12YO. The more I drink it the better it is. Two weeks after I made the choice I would be pissed I did not go with a Wild Turkey or Makers. grin.gif You always want what you can't have.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.