Italian (Whiskey) meatballs

Jono
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

http://www.kosycooking.com/2011/01/12/recipes/italian-whiskey-meatballs

I have not made these, as I just came across it by accident...not sure I would call them "Italian" based on the collection of ingredients, not typical for most meat ball recipes. It has the unusual ingredient of "Bourbon Whiskey (1/8 cup)" which amid all of the other flavors is probably lost but it might add a touch of sweetness and somthing that lingers on the taste buds. I plan on making some of my family recipe meat balls but I might experiment with a test ball plus bourbon.

• 2 weeks later...

We would be remiss not to try this recipe with a few of our own modifications and then post here for the personal enjoyment of our SB members. I'll use Elijah Craig 18 year old and see if the wood comes through.

Anyone want to try a scotch ball...a peaty meat ball? It sounds horrible, then again, it might be tolerable after a few Islay pours.

Anyone want to try a scotch ball...a peaty meat ball? It sounds horrible, then again, it might be tolerable after a few Islay pours.

I went for it with a Talisker salmon steak. I have my whiskey marinade for the meatballs settling in with all the other ingredients. I'm not sure if the spousal unit will participate but I'm thinking whisk-a-ghetti might be on the menu.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.