45th sampling

Halifax
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I celebrate my 45th bday today, and will be sharing it with some fellow bourbon lovers later today. Here's our lineup.

- OCPR

- Sam Houston 10

- McKenzie from Finger Lakes

- WTKS PT 01

- OFBB 2007

- Evan Williams BIB 1982

- Evan Williams 7/90 1992

- Yellowstone Mellow Mash 7/90 1973

- Yellowstone Mellow Mash 7/91 1982

Depending on how things progress, I make break our some others. I will try to post some tasting notes later. This is... If I'm still standing...:lol:

DSC01669.JPG

Happy birthday!

Have you tried the McKenzie yet? I'd like to hear what other folks think about it. I was surprised how flavorful it was for a young whiskey.

Eric

Happy birthday Rod...I hope you have a great one and it looks like it will based on the pours that you have ready to go! :toast:

We didn't get the chance to open the McKenzie or the WTKS. PVW 15 & 20, Ezra B, VWFRR and Saz 18 were added in as the night progressed and that was all she wrote. Hard to top those picks. All in all a very good line up. I wish that I had more of the Yellowstones in my bunker. If I were living back in the day... I could see this bourbon being a part of the usual rotation. The real surprise was the Ezra B. A very well balanced whiskey. The only disappointing bottle was the OFBB 07. Very one dimensional and thin. I don't get the hype that goes with this bottle. Then again... I've never opened any OFBB and said WOW... Time for bed.

I know you would have liked the Mckenzie. I would have loved to have tasted that yellowstone. People say it has a lot of fruity notes.

I know you would have liked the Mckenzie. I would have loved to have tasted that yellowstone. People say it has a lot of fruity notes.

Yeah... I wish we had made it to the McKenzie. I set it to the side, and will break it out at our next sampling. Looking forward to it.

Also... thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. It was a good time. Always fun to share good times and great bourbon with friends.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.