Louisville

clingman71
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Going to be in Louisville Saturday with the girlfriend, any suggestions on stores. Also, any good local coffee shops / roasters? Beer bars? Thank you, Todd

Cunninghams. Fried fish sandwich. Turtle soup.

Best non-mall shopping is Bardstown Road starting (as Baxter Ave.) roughly where Broadway ends at Cave Hill Cemetery.

Going to be in Louisville Saturday with the girlfriend, any suggestions on stores. Also, any good local coffee shops / roasters? Beer bars? Thank you, Todd

Liquor Barn, Evergreen Liquors, Party Mart for stores.

Heine Bros. for coffee shops

Sergio's World Beers for beer bars

And if you are looking for something good to eat go to Hammerheads.

I hit every liquor store I saw while in Louisville. I saw some good stuff, a lot of Handy, EH Taylor, William Larue, a ton of JPRS, even saw a bottle of Hirsch 16. But they wanted $399 for it!!!! Party Mart in Florence has one for $269. I'm not going to buy either, but $139 is a big difference.

Ate at Ramsi's, and it was very good. Also got a decent pour of '11 OF Birthday. They didnt have it in the computer yet so rang it as Woodford, very nice of them.

I read some posts on here about the downtown hotels before I left and was worried. I pricelined a room at the Galt for $50. A lot of people had poor views of the Galt. Our room was spacious and clean, and cheap. We had no complaints, maybe we were just lucky.

The Galt bar had a great selection and the little old woman behind the bar was reasonably knowledgable. I had a VW rye and an AA BIB.

We ended the evening at the Old Seelbach Bar. I had sizable pours of Old Charter Proprietor's Reserve (bartender struggled with the cork it was so well sealed and hadn't been opened in quite some time) and William Larue Weller.

We toured BT and Woodford on the trip down, enjoyed both.

Overall, it was a fun little 2 day trip.

And, on the way back I picked up a BT single oak 189 at Party Mart.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.