Cask-Strength 12yr Redbreast Coming!

MacinJosh
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My Binnys purchased bottle is almost gone and I have yet to see it in Ohio or Kentucky.

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice pour that really takes Irish whiskey to the next level...IMO

Agreed. For Irish, it's top shelf.

My friend jusy brought a bottle back from Ireland and we are tasting it now. Fantastic whiskey, can't wait to get my own!

Had the Redbreast 12 CS earlier in week and was blown away by how good it is. I've always been a huge fan of the regular R12 but this stuff is truly sublime and should be sought out by those who love their Irish whiskey.

• 8 months later...
Yes it is here in Chicago. Of course Jameson radio ads have already been running non stop here in anticipation of St. Patricks day so first distribution here may be on purpose.

Could you point me in the direction of a bottle? Binny's (out by me at least) doesn't appear to have it. The regular 12 year is phenomenal so I can only imagine what the CS is like.

Edited by Alphanumeric

Could you point me in the direction of a bottle? Binny's (out by me at least) doesn't appear to have it. The regular 12 year is phenomenal so I can only imagine what the CS is like.

Can't help you now as that was 9 months ago. You'll probably have to wait till early next year, pre St. Paddy's day, and hope more is coming across the big pond. You might be able to find a straggler at one of the many Binny's. Their web site doesn't list it but is not always 100% accurate on what may be on a shelf in one of their 29 locations. I just saw a rum in River Grove that's not on the site.

Ask Lost Polito he may be able to help

The next (second?) batch seems to be in the States, now. I picked up a bottle that was 58.6% ABV just last week. The first batch was 57.7% ABV. I tried both batches side by side. More fruit on the 58.6%. The 57.7% is smoother and more buttery in flavor.

The next (second?) batch seems to be in the States, now. I picked up a bottle that was 58.6% ABV just last week. The first batch was 57.7% ABV. I tried both batches side by side. More fruit on the 58.6%. The 57.7% is smoother and more buttery in flavor.

Darn. That first batch sounds more to my liking, but I'm sure the second won't disappoint. Do you know when it started popping up on shelves?

I noticed it for the first time around Thanksgiving. There was about a month of time where I couldn't find the cask strength version at all, so an annual release might be just right. I checked my bottles the other day and they are labeled with batch numbers: B1/11 and B1/12. I guess those can be interpreted as batch 1 for 2011, and batch 1 for 2012.

• 2 months later...

Happy Birthday to me! I mentioned to Dawn a year or more ago that I'd like a bottle of this. Our local liquor store operator called Dawn with a bottle on the day before my birthday so Dawn scurried over and picked up a bottle. A very happy birthday. Will crack it open and give it a try soon. B1/12 58.6%.

Jon

Happy Birthday to me! I mentioned to Dawn a year or more ago that I'd like a bottle of this. Our local liquor store operator called Dawn with a bottle on the day before my birthday so Dawn scurried over and picked up a bottle. A very happy birthday. Will crack it open and give it a try soon. B1/12 58.6%.

Jon

Jon

It's a great one Jon! Enjoy brother!

And a happy birthday to ya!

We all need to get together soon for a few pours. I have some bourbon I need to deliver to you as well. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.