I saw God in a glass of George T Stagg.

jeff
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tonight, while out on the deck admiring the early spring evening and smoking my cigar, I poured a glass of George T Stagg. After one sip the skys suddenly parted to reveal a single star. It was unusual as the rest of the sky was covered in dense clouds. The star said to me, "Jeff, partake of the Stagg and the smoke and rejoice." So I did. Suddenly two white birds began to fly in a spring mating dance that said new life is on order soon. As they faded into eternity my star was lost to the clouds, but for another to take its place. This one said, "fear not, for your star has sent word to me to watch over and protect you. All is well." Just then a white rabbit came near my seat with no fear, and my dog sat patiently. It was as if, for a moment, all was right with the world. As I ended my time with nature my guardian star faded away, only to reveal a glimpse of its original brother, telling me to go boldly into the comming days, for I am not alone.

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

I once heard a sermon on the Beatitudes. The minister believed that to be pure in heart was in some ways the antithesis of being cynical and cold. Therefore, a person with a pure heart will be blest because he will by his very nature see God's hand all around him.

Also, I've heard that in back in the middle ages, when monks were frequently the craftsmen who would brew beer (and I presume other forms of alcoholic blessings) they would describe the process as, "you mix the ingredients, follow these steps, and then ... God is good."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us t o be happy. . ."

Ben Franklin was a pretty smart guy, see. . . (feel free to substitute bourbon, as whiskey is essentially distilled beer, I know I do).

On days like yesterday, and today its hard not to see God's hand in things, eh Jeff. Life is sweet. grin.gif

Tom (When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. . .) C

Well there was certainly a little bit of divine intervention going on when they made the Stagg!

Was that white rabbit wearing a waistcoat and looking at a pocketwatch while exclaiming "Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be late!"?

If so, I've had such an experience also. wink.gif

Maybe I should have said, "I saw God After a glass of George T Stagg" grin.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

Maybe I should have said, "I saw God After a glass of George T Stagg"

"Uisce Beatha" means "water of life" in Gaelic. Not an easy term to pronounce, it has been transformed to what we know know as "whiskey". Jeff, you drank deep...and opened your senses to the infinite...but stop short of stepping into the light...you may never come back!

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Corn and tobacco are powerful portals to access the Great Spirit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.