Bourbons timeline

macdeffe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

As a somewhat newbie to bourbon I really miss a book about bourbons similar to the Malt Whisky Yearbook

What I would like to see in a book like this is

Distilleries presented in a similar way, with a history line similar as the above book

Bourbon/ryes being recipe based opposed to my homebase whiskies (Scotland) I would also like to see a timeline for the brands

Thoughts ?

I just tried and purchased a lot of "vintage" bourbons, and backracting bottlings is extremely hard. Even with googling this site

So where was Old Grand Dad distilled in 1981 and where was Pappy van winkle 23yo distilled if it was a 2005 bottling. Geeks want questions like that easy answered

Steffen

I started a thread some time ago where I suggested that Hansell should bankroll Cowdery into doing such a thing, but it got nowhere, as far as I know.

If I wasn't such an idiot, I could post a link to said thread, but alas...:rolleyes:

There's not a book exactly like that but if you get Cowdery's book and Sam Cecil's book, you'll have most of that information in hand, just not as conveniently listed. Another great resource is www.ellenjaye.com.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.