The Bourbon Open

boone
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Most of ya are not from my stomping grounds...The Bourbon Capital of the World...Nelson County, Kentucky...When you are born and raised here ya just take things for granted...Like the smell of sour mash in the air...Whiskey barrels in folks front yard (cut in half) used as flower pots...Liquor stores as a candy store---We would always stop in after school to get a candy bar and a soft drink (when we had the money) grin.gif And yes, we did walk a mile ever mornin to get to school...all of us...Reminds me of ducks in a row...In line, by age...stair-steps...and when the "Baby" Sandy--the youngest--got tired my oldest brother--Jerry--would carry her...Let me tell ya...Those days were sweet wink.gif He would always let her down when we walked by one of the Liquor Store's parking lots...Seems that ya always found a nickel or a quarter there...quite regular....Hmmmmmmmmm now I wonder why?

Back to the subject...Another big event in Nelson County is the Bourbon Open...It's next weekend, May 16th...Everybody and their brother will be there...This (pictures) was a special suppliment to The Kentucky Standard...I thought some of ya would like to read it...

They had a tasting at the Civil War Museum this past week-end...They were hoping to get the crowds that the "Bourbon Open Tasting" attracts...Now...if you are going to a tasting the Bourbon Open is the one to attend...Reason being, is that this is where all of the bourbon folks are...Not just the Master Distiller's but the folks who run the distilleries...The Liquor Store owner, the trucking firms, the glass manufacturer, the cap folks, etc...Every major part of the Bourbon Industry will be there...Sort of a warm up to The Kentucky Bourbon Festival...It's a great time...and well worth a trip grin.gif

BTW--Did I mention, that the prize for winning is BOURBON?...Yep...ya win Bourbon...along with golf clubs and a trophy grin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

post-20-14489811177151_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.