Let's Talk About Vodka

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This has gone on far enough, It's time for me to disseminate some acculmulated wisdom from one of the Grand Sages . HH Kroll quotes Pappy VanWinkle as saying, " If I wanted to drink Vodka I'd just find me somebody to sell me a can of Alcohol.............Folks who drink Whisky-----they want to drink something................." P209 Bluegrass Belles and Bourbon. Can I hear An Amen? !!!!!!!!! grin.gif

Amen Brother...and pass the Bourbon... grin.gif

Hallelujah!

Bj

Glory, Another Wayward Soul has seen the Light and is on the True Path............Are there Others? !!!!!! grin.gif

{Raising glass of Van Winkle 10/107}

Preach on, BROTHA!

Amen!

TomC

Well this is going so good I should pass the plate! grin.gif Folding money only now Brothers and Sisters, Change in the plate makes me nervous! Dig Deep ,Give till it Hurts! grin.gif

I will be digging deep for the Sam's 20 yo ORVW. (Amen! Hallejiah!) It definitely requires folded bills and S/H to boot. And, yes, it will hurt, especially if the wife finds out.

The original "Smirnoff Leaves You Breathless" campaign is considered one of the classic advertising campaigns of all time and that was exactly what the creators wrestled with. How do you find a selling proposition for a beverage that has no taste? The specific inspiration for that slogan was the businessman who wanted to have a drink at lunch but didn't want his breath to announce that fact to his co-workers.

Back in the 80's, I had some Swedish neighbors. They were friendly, well-to-do, gourmets, and they loved to drink pretty heavily. While I was in their sphere of influence, I once bought a bottle of Stolichnaya hot pepper flavored vodka.

I kept it in the freezer, having read that the Russians prefer it straight and "frozen". It was only 70 proof and whan it was very, very cold, it thickened to about the consistency of honey.

It was good that way. crazy.gif

Tim

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.