Woodford Master's Collection Rye

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

PVWFRR? What's the P stand for?

I don't think the point of these bottles is to teach, I believe the point is for WR to make money.

Any idea on when it will be available in MI?

I am pretty sure that it's available in the Metro Detroit area. I saw it on the shelf and was just discussing it with one my favorite retail stores.

PVWFRR? What's the P stand for?

It was a bonus P (for Pappy) that doesn't exist on the label - it was just for you so you'd ask...

After seeing them in the store the other day, they look nice, but without many solid words behind them from most of you, they may stay on the shelf.

Chuck, I respect your opinion, but at least for this one you seem to be in the minority. I'm all for furthering my taste education, but this one just doesn't have good backing.

B

There's only one way to really "know," and that's to taste every damn Whiskey yourself.

No one's palate is better than my own, at least for my purposes.:grin:

There's only one way to really "know," and that's to taste every damn Whiskey yourself.

No one's palate is better than my own, at least for my purposes.:grin:

I may get a tatoo of this post inked on my chest. :D. Absolutely brilliant, and absolutely true.

:toast:

Well. I like it. It's a far different flavor than Saz or other rye. It's a Woodford and the Woodford flavor comes through most. It's best compared with other Woodfords.

Tne new cask versus age cask definitely are different from each other, but I'll have to revisit a few more times to decide which I prefer.

Normally I detest marketing gimicks, but I love the twin miniature master's collection bottles!

If you're in the market for a rye, Saz is a better way to go. But if you like experimenting different flavors and have a few extra $$, give it a whirl. I'm glad I did and will pick up another pack next week.

If you're in the market for a rye, Saz is a better way to go. But if you like experimenting different flavors and have a few extra $$, give it a whirl. I'm glad I did and will pick up another pack next week.

I agree. I like experimenting and thinking about the High West family to expand my horyezon, but, this a little pricey....and, what if you really, really like it? Beyond this offering, not much to be found in the future - if any. Wish I could find some Willett or Vintage at reasonable rate....lol.

• 3 months later...

Can I get a tax credit for whiskey education expenses? Then I'll go for it, otherwise I'll go for 4 or 5 bottles of Ritt BIB for the same price.

• 9 months later...
Bought a bottle of this in Pa. today. It was on sale so I decided to take the plunge!

Thomas

Good find at this late date. I haven't seen it in quite a while. What did you pay?

62.99+tax and a little shipping. Ordered it from the PLCB website along with some other bottles and had it shipped to a nearby store!

Thomas

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.